Linux Mint 17.3 User Guide

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tomcat

Linux Mint 17.3 User Guide

Post by tomcat »

Does anyone have a PDF of the 17.3 user guide? I can't find it on linuxmint.com
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Linux Mint 17.3 User Guide

Post by all41 »

https://www.linuxmint.com/
They are there. Click the User Guide
or open your welcome screen and click documentation.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

Right, I know, but under Cinnamon Edition English there is only the one for version 18. I have 17.3 and seem to have misplaced (deleted?) it.
I'm guessing that the version 18 guide is pretty similar, but it would be nice to get the 17.3 version.
Thanks
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Hm. Cannot locate the Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon User Guide, only the Linux Mint 17.3 Mate User Guide. english_17.3.pdf
But you are free to look around here yourself: User Guide
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 750 days now.
Lifeline
dcj

Post by dcj »

I also need the older Mint Cin Eng 17.3 guide. The link at the bottom that says click here for older versions, does not have older versions.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Hi, folks.

This is to you who are desperately in need of the Official User Guides of Mint 17.x Cinnamon Editions:
The magic hiding place of old Mint user guides is the Internet Archive Wayback Machine. (*)
And here they are: Ain't this phantastic news at the end of the year 2016?! :D

Karl
--
(*) The not so hidden hiding place should be on your local disk as explained by all41 right at the beginning.
Yet, the local user guide files are available only from Linux Mint 17.1 onwards and they are in docbook format, not in PDF format.
New features in Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon - Other improvements wrote:The English version of the Official User Guide was ported to DocBook and is now available from Menu->Help. PDF versions in multiple languages are also still available at https://www.linuxmint.com/documentation.php
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 750 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Non-technical Questions”