How Wallpapers Are Selected? How can I contribute?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Free_Lifeware
Level 1
Level 1

How Wallpapers Are Selected? How can I contribute?

Post by Free_Lifeware »

My question is pretty simple and straight forward :)
How are the wonderful wallpapers selected in each version?
How would I be able to contribute some of my own photos as official backgrounds?
Cheers
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: How Wallpapers Are Selected? How can I contribute?

Post by xenopeek »

Wallpapers are selected by Clem. Some he finds on the Internet. Some he gets from photographers that email him their submission. Not every submission gets included.

If you do make a submission, kindly include what license you are sharing the photos under, your name, and optionally the link to your photography website or profile. You can view this information for other photographers in the Credits file that you can find in /usr/share/backgrounds/linuxmint-releasename/ directory. You can display all the Credits files on your system with this command:
cat /usr/share/backgrounds/linuxmint*/Credits

You can send your submission to root@linuxmint.com with subject "Wallpaper submission". Include what license you are sharing the photos under and your real name, so we can comply with your copyrights.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

The Artwork section of this forum is a good place to start. :) I suggest you read the old post by Clem (right near the top) about the importance of keeping wallpapers "open source", as this would be one of the main reasons which wallpapers make it into Mint's distributions . .

viewforum.php?f=19
Free_Lifeware
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Free_Lifeware »

Thank you so much for the analytical responses!

Return to “Non-technical Questions”