Energy Saving, Screensaver, ACPI

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
maxi84

Energy Saving, Screensaver, ACPI

Post by maxi84 »

To all the developers of any OS and and any desktop environment... PLEASE READ MY SIGNATURE :P

On battery, I'm able to understand the standard settings, but connected to a charger, or on a desktop computer, those settings are usually hideous. :oops:

:arrow: :arrow: :idea:
If any Mint-Developer reads this, my personal opinion is, during the installation, and/or after the first boot after an OEM install, there should be a setup page shown, to set up energy saving and screensaver options.

:mrgreen: Thanks for trying to save the planet by saving electricity, but most people just hate the standard adjustments. :mrgreen:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Energy Saving, Screensaver, ACPI

Post by Hoser Rob »

ANother rant ... at least it isn't a novel this time. NO dev is going to waste his or her time with this. You're using a really old AMD card and it sounds like the open source video driver is buggy. Which is quite common with old AMD cards. Nothing Mint or Ubuntu devs can do about that.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “Non-technical Questions”