Still Impressed!

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Box293

Still Impressed!

Post by Box293 »

I just wanted to say that after using Linux Mint for about 2 years now I am still impressed at how good it is as a desktop OS. I use it every day as my primary OS for work (MATE).

I had some issues for a while where the desktop would crash when unlocking and all the Windows I had open were gone. I thought I would try some other Linux distributions that use MATE and I was disappointed by each one of them. I ran into issues and complications with each distribution that didn't make it a fun.

So then I installed the latest version of Mint MATE and it's amazing at how complete of an OS it is. Everything just seems to work, adding packages is simple. It's no wonder it's such a popular distribution.

Great work by the Linux Mint team, it's much appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Still Impressed!

Post by kc1di »

Hello Box293 and Good to have you here :)
It's a great Distro!
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
Rocky Bennett
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Rocky Bennett »

Box293 wrote:I just wanted to say that after using Linux Mint for about 2 years now I am still impressed at how good it is as a desktop OS. I use it every day as my primary OS for work (MATE).

I had some issues for a while where the desktop would crash when unlocking and all the Windows I had open were gone. I thought I would try some other Linux distributions that use MATE and I was disappointed by each one of them. I ran into issues and complications with each distribution that didn't make it a fun.

So then I installed the latest version of Mint MATE and it's amazing at how complete of an OS it is. Everything just seems to work, adding packages is simple. It's no wonder it's such a popular distribution.

Great work by the Linux Mint team, it's much appreciated.

It looks like it has been closer to three years judging by your "join date" here. It is a fun ride.
Box293

Post by Box293 »

It's been longer than I thought! Time flies when you're having fun :D
Rocky Bennett
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Rocky Bennett »

Box293 wrote:It's been longer than I thought! Time flies when you're having fun :D

Then why did you originally say two years? Fun ride indeed!!!!
Box293

Post by Box293 »

Well I've only seriously use it day to day for two years, when I originally signed up to the forum I was dabbling with it in my spare time.
Rocky Bennett
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Rocky Bennett »

Box293 wrote:Well I've only seriously use it day to day for two years, when I originally signed up to the forum I was dabbling with it in my spare time.

Me too. I hope you are having fun with it.
shneor
Level 1
Level 1

Post by shneor »

I have only been using Cinnamon 18 for a few days, and I too am very impressed. I have fooled with Linux since it first came out, but found myself spending way too much time on my old Unix sysadmin manuals, later with manuals for various Linux flavors. This distro is so smooth. Kudos to a generation of Linux contributors and especially those who worked on this distro. Already installed on three PCs, one more to go for now.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

@Box293
So then I installed the latest version of Mint MATE and it's amazing at how complete of an OS it is
Yep--that hooked me as well. Glad you said that.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”