Worrying about the roadmap.

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
_Josue_

Worrying about the roadmap.

Post by _Josue_ »

I was searching for info about what would Mint 18.2 bring and I found this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=239426

There someone pointed to the roadmap:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Roadmap

Reading it, I found this:
nemo: retire computer:/// place (which is completely useless) or revamp it into something better
Wait what? Why? I use it in my CInnamon and Mate machines! It's vital for me! In fact I was going to ask if Computer could also be added in KDE (I really miss it in my KDE machine!)

Please I begg you! don't retire it!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Worrying about the roadmap.

Post by rene »

It would probably help (someone) if you'd explain why you care for the computer:/// place.
_Josue_

Post by _Josue_ »

rene wrote:It would probably help (someone) if you'd explain why you care for the computer:/// place.
The answer is simple: because I use it and I am used to have it.
Due to the way I usually make partitions in my computers I usually have many partitions and one of them is a big "Data D" partition, and it's very practical for me to simply use a keyboard shortcut such as Meta+E to open the computer place and then move the cursor arrows to choose the desired partition, most of the times it's that partition but it can be any other or the DVD drive I want to explore, etc.
Maybe some users don't want the My PC icon in the desktop, but showing it or not should be optional! Why remove it when it's perfectly functional? I mean who said it was useless or worthless? For me It's certainly not, and I would also like to have such optional function in KDE.
However, the roadmap says it could be revamped/improved instead of just removed. That would be awesome!
It would be great for example if you could have shortcut options when you right click the drives (such as USB flash drives) to run Disks and be able to format them or change other advanced settings such as automount.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

Makes sense. Not sure what the best way is to provide feedback on the roadmap; this may already have been useful but I'd send a private message to "xenopeek" as to inquire what that best way is; he probably knows or can draw attention to this thread from relevant developers.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”