Suggestion: Dynamic Tutorials

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
borg101

Suggestion: Dynamic Tutorials

Post by borg101 »

I just had an epiphany. When writing tutorials, guides, etc that are version specific, perhaps it would be easier to have one thread per tutorial or guide and within that thread post links to different versions i.e. 17.3, 18, 18.1, and so on. As someone who's on the newer side of things, this would certainly be helpful. I've found quite a few guides across different distros for what I was looking to do but not on the correct version and thus messed some stuff up.

What do you guys think?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Suggestion: Dynamic Tutorials

Post by jimallyn »

Sounds like a good idea. It would be good to at least add, "This tutorial is known to work with versions x, y, and z" or something like that.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
borg101

Re: Suggestion: Dynamic Tutorials

Post by borg101 »

jimallyn wrote:Sounds like a good idea. It would be good to at least add, "This tutorial is known to work with versions x, y, and z" or something like that.
I think it would stop with a lot of repeat questions on the forums. I know not everyone searches to see if somethings been posted before, but they are at least googling and finding their way here. It could be keyworded and hyperlinked to, i.e. "How to setup Skype (14.1, 17.1, 17.3, 18, 18.2)

It would also cut down on clutter with some of the stickies. A stickied post would be 1 or 2 lines, leaving valuable space to answer common questions, issues, etc. Just my thoughts on it. Mind you, I'm still a total noob, so take it with a grain of salt.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”