Linux 18.2 "Sonya" GUI fails

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
oligalma
Level 3
Level 3

Linux 18.2 "Sonya" GUI fails

Post by oligalma »

I've installed Linux 18.2 "Sonya" in my desktop computer as a virtual machine and the GUI fails.

I also installed this distribution in my netbook (no virtual machine) and the GUI fails as well. Therefore, I ended up installing Linux 17.3 in my netbook and it works perfectly.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Linux 18.2 "Sonya" GUI fails

Post by karlchen »

Hello, oligalma.

Could you explain in a bit more details perhaps what your question is?
Do I understand right that the two Linux Mint 18.2 installations no longer exist?

Best regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
oligalma
Level 3
Level 3

Post by oligalma »

karlchen wrote:Hello, oligalma.

Could you explain in a bit more details perhaps what your question is?
Do I understand right that the two Linux Mint 18.2 installations no longer exist?

Best regards,
Karl
Hello Karl,

That was not a question, I just wanted to explain my experience with the 18.2 "Sonya" distribution. (Maybe should I put this post in the "Suggestions" forum?)

Yes, the two Linux Mint 18.2 installations no longer exist, because the GUI didn't work well and I had to uninstall them.

Regards
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

Well then, why don't you post an inxi -Fxz report? Otherwise it's a pointless exercise.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “Non-technical Questions”