Linux Mint for the Blind

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Inky1011

Linux Mint for the Blind

Post by Inky1011 »

I have several friends who are blind and are interested in Linux but I hear that Orca sceen reader is not great.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Linux Mint for the Blind

Post by Pierre »

you main find that a lot of the Assistive Technologies that come with LinuxMint,
have to be Enabled First - - Control Center - - Personal - - Assistive Technologies . . enable

then see if those Assistive Technologies are of use to your friends.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
Sgthawker
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Linux Mint for the Blind

Post by Sgthawker »

Knoppix Linux has A.D.R.I.A.N.E., (Audio Desktop Reference Implementation And Networking Environment) a talking menu system, which is supposed to make work and internet access easier for computer beginners, even if they have no sight contact to the computers monitor.

A few other blind friendly distros:

Vinux

Sonar

Ubuntu MATE.
LM21.1 KDE/LM21.1 Cin/ UEFI Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Ryzen 7 5800X, GTX 3060, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe
LM21.1 KDE/LM21.1 Cin/ UEFI on STRIX laptop, i7700 HQ, GTX 1060, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe

Return to “Non-technical Questions”