Page 1 of 1

Forum File Attachments

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:49 pm
by JerryF
Just responded to someone and tried to attach a file, but the Attachment tab is missing.

Has that feature been discontinued?

Thanks.

Re: Forum File Attachments

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:19 pm
by WharfRat
JerryF wrote:Just responded to someone and tried to attach a file, but the Attachment tab is missing.

Has that feature been discontinued?

Thanks.
Hmm, I don't have that option any more either :?

Re: Forum File Attachments

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:30 pm
by xenopeek
It's temporarily disabled following maintenance done earlier today. Expect it will be enabled again tomorrow.

Re: Forum File Attachments

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:53 pm
by JerryF
xenopeek wrote:It's temporarily disabled following maintenance done earlier today. Expect it will be enabled again tomorrow.
Thank you!

Re: Forum File Attachments

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:46 am
by WharfRat
Still no attachments functionality,

Also, has anyone noticed that Registered users: at the bottom of the main page doesn't show any users unless you're logged on :?:

I recall being able to see the registered users when not logged on :?

Re: Forum File Attachments

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:22 am
by xenopeek
When the problem is solved and attachments functionality can be enabled again, I'll note it here.

phpBB indeed changed it so that if guests aren't permitted to see the profiles of registered users (which they aren't on our board) that they also can't see which registered users are online.

Re: Forum File Attachments

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:47 am
by WharfRat
xenopeek wrote:phpBB indeed changed it so that if guests aren't permitted to see the profiles of registered users (which they aren't on our board) that they also can't see which registered users are online.
Thanks for clarifying that - I thought that it could have been a coincident problem post maintenance or somehow related to the attachment functionality.

Re: Forum File Attachments

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:05 pm
by powerwagon75
xenopeek wrote:When the problem is solved and attachments functionality can be enabled again, I'll note it here....
A little late to the game here, but was wondering what is the current status of the missing attachments? Was reviewing my old posts this morning, and noticed that it appears every attachment I've posted is gone, with only the attachment file name remaining. (along with a few other posters' attachments randomly missing as well) Tried to search for this and only found this thread, so apologies if it is being discussed elsewhere.

Eric

Re: Forum File Attachments

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:18 pm
by xenopeek
After a human mistake with an upgrade, we noticed our backups weren't complete. We were able to recover most of the attachments but some of them were lost.

Re: Forum File Attachments

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:11 pm
by administrollaattori
xenopeek wrote:After a human mistake with an upgrade, we noticed our backups weren't complete. We were able to recover most of the attachments but some of them were lost.
All of my attachments are lost. :(

Edit: About 90% of my attachments are lost. :lol:

Re: Forum File Attachments

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:12 pm
by powerwagon75
Thank you for the quick response.

I don't suppose there is a way to re-attach them from my end, without dragging them to the top of the forum page? If not, no worries, just curious.

Regards,

Eric

Re: Forum File Attachments

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:19 pm
by xenopeek
I think you'll have to edit the post and attach the files anew.

Re: Forum File Attachments

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:20 pm
by Flemur
xenopeek wrote:After a human mistake with an upgrade
Gosh darn those pesky humans.

Re: Forum File Attachments

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:50 pm
by JerryF
Flemur wrote:
xenopeek wrote:After a human mistake with an upgrade
Gosh darn those pesky humans.
+1 :lol: