Where are Mint 14, 15, and 16 Mate downloads?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bobpegram
Level 1
Level 1

Where are Mint 14, 15, and 16 Mate downloads?

Post by bobpegram »

I still have Mint 13 on my computer. I want to update/upgrade to 18. I have been told the easiest way is to do it one version at a time - upgrade to 14, then upgrade to 15, etc. That avoids wiping the drive and starting over. Also, I have a dual boot Win7/Mint machine. Keeping the Win 7 partition makes wiping the entire drive something to avoid.
Mint used to have all versions available for download so I thought I could download any version at any point. Now only 17 and 18 ISO downloads are shown. Help. Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Where are Mint 14, 15, and 16 Mate downloads?

Post by all41 »

No--you can only upgrade starting with Mint 17.
Back up your stuff and install fresh
You will most likely not have to lose your Win7
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Where are Mint 14, 15, and 16 Mate downloads?

Post by Moem »

bobpegram wrote:I still have Mint 13 on my computer. I want to update/upgrade to 18. I have been told the easiest way is to do it one version at a time - upgrade to 14, then upgrade to 15, etc. That avoids wiping the drive and starting over.
Sorry friend, but you were told wrong: moving up from 13 to 14 would mean a new install, as well. Not that this is possible: only currently supported versions are offered for download. On the bright side, like all41 says, there is no need to wipe your Win7 installation.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Non-technical Questions”