(x) letter key not work! help

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
samban

(x) letter key not work! help

Post by samban »

Hello..
I'm new user here on Linux world!
I installed Linux mint 18.3 yesterday :D
my problem is when I press x key nothing happen! I want to replace/remap (x) to (<) the key left of Z letter.
so how can I fix this problem ! thx :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: (x) letter key not work! help

Post by deepakdeshp »

If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

I would check to make sure that the key is making contact with the switch.

Pry off the X key and clean out the area. Before putting the key back on, try pressing the switch to see if it's making contact.
samban

Post by samban »

JerryF wrote:I would check to make sure that the key is making contact with the switch.

Pry off the X key and clean out the area. Before putting the key back on, try pressing the switch to see if it's making contact.
what u mean "contact with the switch.!
i did like u said and nothing happend!
so is there any way to fix this problem!!
samban

Keyboard problem!

Post by samban »

Hi guys I'm new in Linux mint and was wondering if anyone could give me a command line to remap my (x) letter key "broken key, to my left key of Z! idk know what's called :(
I used AutoKey application and it's works very well but when I reboot my PC the problem return back! so is there any permanent solution!
thx
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Keyboard problem!

Post by deepakdeshp »

. https://askubuntu.com/questions/749 ... u-16-04
Please run following commands in terminal to see their manual
man xmodmap
man keyboard
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

<moderator on>
Hi, samban. Please, note that your 2 threads about the same topic, "(x) letter key not work! help" and "Keyboard problem!", have been merged into a single thread. Please, do not cross-post. Please, do not create mutliple threads about the same issue.
</moderator off>
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 750 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Non-technical Questions”