LM 19 snapshots

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jozevgates
Level 1
Level 1

LM 19 snapshots

Post by jozevgates »

I use LM because its easy to use. I find the snapshot system confusing. Ive donated to LM 4 times. Just putting my opinion out there.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MintBean

Re: LM 19 snapshots

Post by MintBean »

Are you talking about Timeshift?

What's confusing you?
jozevgates
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jozevgates »

Yes. The setup options use several terms, or abbreviations that I have no idea what they mean. Perhaps I can't fully use timeshift because I'm running it in a vm? I'm not a tech guy. I liked the "don't break my computer' option in LM18 regarding what to update. I'm clueless about what should be selected to update and what not to. I mean, I never use the terminal in LM and I like that I never have to. I just feel that timeshift is geared more towards tech people, rather than not.
MintBean

Post by MintBean »

The update manager is quite clear in its recommendation - update everything,

As to Timeshift, it's really not complicated. What terms are confusing you, specifically?
KBD47
Level 7
Level 7

Post by KBD47 »

jozevgates wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:11 pm Yes. The setup options use several terms, or abbreviations that I have no idea what they mean. Perhaps I can't fully use timeshift because I'm running it in a vm? I'm not a tech guy. I liked the "don't break my computer' option in LM18 regarding what to update. I'm clueless about what should be selected to update and what not to. I mean, I never use the terminal in LM and I like that I never have to. I just feel that timeshift is geared more towards tech people, rather than not.
This is a big help:
https://sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/20
You can still use the old update policy of skipping level 4 updates.
jozevgates
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jozevgates »

Thank you! :)

Return to “Non-technical Questions”