How do I get email notifications when people reply???

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MiraclesHappen

How do I get email notifications when people reply???

Post by MiraclesHappen »

Hello everybody,
I joined the community less than a week ago, and set all the notifications to send email. However, though people have been answering to my posts, I haven't been receiving any email notifications?

What else am I supposed to do?
Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: How do I get email notifications when people reply???

Post by catweazel »

MiraclesHappen wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:02 am What else am I supposed to do?
Quote the text you're replying to.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
MiraclesHappen

Post by MiraclesHappen »

I posted new threads so I'm not replying to anyone... :)
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

I'm assuming you mean that you've checked the email options here. ucp.php?i=ucp_notifications&mode=notification_options
Then it should help to subscribe to your own topics. Use the subscribe option in the drop down list under the 'spanner' button at the foot of the page.
The image of a tick box with a check mark is misleading: you are not subscribed by default, you need to click on the option (and after that the text will change to 'unsubscribe').

Also, and this is something that's easy to overlook and I had completely forgotten about: the setting in Board Preferences => Posting Defaults.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Non-technical Questions”