Does anybody still use DVDs?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Benedetto
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Does anybody still use DVDs?

Post by Benedetto »

Not often, but for some reason, only known to my desktop, a DVD is the simplest, most straight forward of installing or re-installing Linux Mint.
I do have many CD's/DVD's with details of islands, lighthouses and other factors that I use in my Ham radio hobby.
Best wishes,
Linux Mint 21:2 Cinnamon 5.8.4 - Desktop
Linux Mint 21:2 - VAIO Laptop
ADee
Level 2
Level 2

Post by ADee »

I still use them.
Derek_S
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Derek_S »

If it's for an OS that I know I'll be re-installing on a regular basis (i.e. Windows 7 or 10 :lol: ), then I'll take the time and burn the .iso image to a DVD. Other than that, just about everything I do (data backups, image backups, archives) involves using USB flash drives or my USB hard drive.
"When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself." - Tecumseh

Return to “Non-technical Questions”