Cinnamon Spices login

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
scoson
Level 2
Level 2

Cinnamon Spices login

Post by scoson »

Hope this the right place for this question. I've never been able to login to Spices. The only way I could is with my Google account, I'm not on Facebook or github. I was never technically on Google+ so, is this why I get an error every time? Isn't Google+ ready to shut down anyway?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
scoson
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Cinnamon Spices login

Post by scoson »

I joined G+, and still login didn't work. Tried using my wifes Facebook login, that errored too. I got on chat a while ago and asked for help, a few of them also couldn't login using Google but could using github.
scoson
Level 2
Level 2

Post by scoson »

Apparently this is not a popular issue to have lol. Anyway, the exact wording of the error I get trying to log in with Google on the desktop (using Firefox) is this:

An Error Was Encountered

The URI you submitted has disallowed characters.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

I'm pretty sure only the Github option has worked for quite a while now - and it does still work. It does need fixing to remove the other options.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
scoson
Level 2
Level 2

Post by scoson »

Hmm, I wondered if that was the case. Exclusive club I guess. github or git-tfo lol.
scoson
Level 2
Level 2

Post by scoson »

I sent an email to admin@linuxmint.com to ask they remove the other login options if that's the case then..

Return to “Non-technical Questions”