Where to submit bugs in 19.2 beta if I find one?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
PaulBorchardt
Level 1
Level 1

Where to submit bugs in 19.2 beta if I find one?

Post by PaulBorchardt » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:30 pm

Hi,
Through an unusual set of circumstances, I am no running the 19.2 beta on my "daily driver". I'm treating it just as though it were the 19.1 release which I've been on for some time. My question is, if I do find a bug in this process, how do I submit it? I'm going to continue on 19.2 and looking for problems, which as of now I've found none, so would it be resonable to participate in the testing team?
Thanks in advance!
Paul

deepakdeshp
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Where to submit bugs in 19.2 beta if I find one?

Post by deepakdeshp » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:40 pm

From the Mint web site:-

Bug reports:

Bugs in this release should be reported on Github at https://github.com/linuxmint/mint19.2-beta.
Create one issue per bug.
As described in the Linux Mint Troubleshooting Guide, do not report or create issues for observations.
Be as accurate as possible and include any information that might help developers reproduce the issue or understand the cause of the issue:
Bugs we can reproduce, or which cause we understand are usually fixed very easily.
It is important to mention whether a bug happens “always”, or “sometimes”, and what triggers it.
If a bug happens but didn’t happen before, or doesn’t happen in another distribution, or doesn’t happen in a different environment, please mention it and try to pinpoint the differences at play.
If we can’t reproduce a particular bug and we don’t understand its cause, it’s unlikely we’ll be able to fix it.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
Regards,
Deepak

I am using Mint 19.2 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A8/7410 processor . Memory 8GB

PaulBorchardt
Level 1
Level 1

Post by PaulBorchardt » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:52 pm

Just an FYI... I've been a computer programmer since 1986. Fortunately, I'm pretty good at finding and fixing as well as reporting problems. I'm not trying to say I'm so wonderful, just letting you know that I'll do my best to make the bug fixable. In addition, I'm willing to do what I can to help bring 19.2 to release.

Thanks
Paul

zcot
Level 4
Level 4

Post by zcot » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:51 am

PaulBorchardt wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:52 pm
Just an FYI... I've been a computer programmer since 1986. Fortunately, I'm pretty good at finding and fixing as well as reporting problems. I'm not trying to say I'm so wonderful, just letting you know that I'll do my best to make the bug fixable. In addition, I'm willing to do what I can to help bring 19.2 to release.

Thanks
Paul
Right on, Welcome.

btw, deepakdeshp just did a copy/paste from the Release Announcement, that's all.

After beta, any particular bug should land in the respective repository on github: https://github.com/linuxmint and a catch-all, in case there's some question as to the culprit of the bug is: https://github.com/linuxmint/linuxmint

Return to “Non-technical Questions”