Linux Mint 19.2: why not based on Ubuntu 18.04.03?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Linux Mint 19.2: why not based on Ubuntu 18.04.03?

Post by Pjotr »

MrGrimm wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:32 pm
cliffcoggin wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:01 pm
MrGrimm wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:42 pm have to ask why the devs didn't wait for unbuntu 18.04.3 to be released before building this?
So why not ask them?

learn to read i did ask the devs right above.
all41 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:02 pm
Pjotr wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:51 pm
Wisely spoken. :)
Double down on this
then you'd be as big of a loser as the person above you is.
How peculiar. Did the devs answer you? If not, why pester us here with this useless question? We're not the ones who can give the answer, as should be abundantly clear to you by now.
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
jglen490

Post by jglen490 »

Pjotr wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:43 pm
MrGrimm wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:32 pm
cliffcoggin wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:01 pm

So why not ask them?

learn to read i did ask the devs right above.
all41 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:02 pm
Double down on this
then you'd be as big of a loser as the person above you is.
How peculiar. Did the devs answer you? If not, why pester us here with this useless question? We're not the ones who can give the answer, as should be abundantly clear to you by now.
Someone is being an obstreperous child, and it's not Pjotr or cliffcoggin :|
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

Nor you.
Thanks for that new word though. :wink:
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

jglen490 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:36 pm Someone is being an obstreperous child, and it's not Pjotr or cliffcoggin :|
I haven't seen schoolyard taunts like those hurled by the OP in close to 70 years. I guess some things never change.

Subtitled: How to Lose Friends and Alienate People.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
zcot
Level 9
Level 9

Post by zcot »

I had to look that one up.

Maybe it falls under the radar instead of more clearly just using the term dbag.

I work in construction and "safe for work" is a pretty wide open dictionary there. Although I'm very aware that that's not generally a safe for work type of term so I wouldn't use it in context here as it has no use to getting to any place good, useful, productive.

But by the time we are calling names in here I'd guess we're beyond anything useful. But then again clearly this entire thread is, beyond the very first single post. Well actually there were a few others but mostly it's a troll thread it seems.

Since now we're all wasting our time, or perhaps some perceived amount of amusement here we go with the rules/guidelines/policy, so we don't get warned, banned, or multi-offense banned for a long time for being dbags. Obviously we all know where this is going anyway at this point.

So, without calling anybody out, I post it as:

These are the things that make us dbags...
[2] Do not be Offensive or Abusive

- Any offensive material, such as swear words or derogatory terms, is prohibited. Hate speech, as defined as an attack on religion, race, nationality, sexual orientation, or any other self-identifiable group, is not tolerated.
- Messages that personally attack or call people names is considered abuse.

[5a] Do not Troll

- Trolling consists of messages that contain an apparent foolish contradiction of common knowledge, being deliberately sarcastic to the user(s) of the forum, or a broad request for trivial follow-up messages. It serves no purpose other than the enjoyment of the troll.

[6] Use Default Font Size and Colors

- Use of bold and italic can help convey meaning in a post - but use them sparingly and with cause.
- Refrain from using <CAPS> lock on posts - it gives one the impression the user is screaming.
- Please don't use excessive punctuation - one "?" or "!" is always enough

[10] Bumping

- Posting one word to bump a topic is generally discouraged. Try to research the problem and be patient for a solution. If nobody has responded within 48 hours, you may bump the topic to promote attention.
- To bump a topic, scroll to the bottom of the topic and click Bump topic, by Board index, Subscribe topic, and Bookmark topic (the Bump topic link will appear 48 hours after the last response).
cliffcoggin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by cliffcoggin »

zcot wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:36 pm I had to look that one up.

Maybe it falls under the radar instead of more clearly just using the term dbag.
Obstreperous was perfectly familiar to me but I've never heard of dbag, though if it is the abbreviation I suspect it to be then I'll stick to old fashioned English for I delight in the arcane and obscure.
Cliff Coggin
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

cliffcoggin wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:03 am Obstreperous was perfectly familiar to me but I've never heard of dbag, though if it is the abbreviation I suspect it to be then I'll stick to old fashioned English for I delight in the arcane and obscure.
“No, I thank you; I have had an elegant sufficiency of the numerous delicacies. Any more would be an unsophisticated superfluity, for gastronomic satiety admonishes me that I have reached the ultimate stage of deglutition consistent with dietetic integrity.” - Fred Chappell.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
athi

Post by athi »

catweazel wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:12 pm
“No, I thank you; I have had an elegant sufficiency of the numerous delicacies. Any more would be an unsophisticated superfluity, for gastronomic satiety admonishes me that I have reached the ultimate stage of deglutition consistent with dietetic integrity.” - Fred Chappell.
The sad part is I can actually make sense of those sentences.
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

I think the real answer here, (though I did find the other replies to be quite amusing), would be that this is the "linux mint forum" staffed by "volunteer" help...the developers are rarely found in the help forum itself...i know there must be other ways of contacting the developers of linux mint but also know that it is not here...DAMIEN

Perhaps this site maybe the one the OP should have looked first, under "Reporting an issue".

http://projects.linuxmint.com/contributing.html
cliffcoggin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by cliffcoggin »

athi wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:16 pm
catweazel wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:12 pm
The sad part is I can actually make sense of those sentences.
You should be proud of that understanding. What's sad is the degradation of the English language. I believe that if the words "amazing, epic, like, so, & but" were removed from many peoples vocabulary they would be dumbstruck. I guess that shows I'm just an old codger. Time I kept quiet on the matter.
Cliff Coggin
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

<mod>
In simple English words, because I am not a native speaker of English: This thread has gone down the drain far enough. It has stopped being about what its title suggests it should be about. Closing this thread.
</mod>
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Non-technical Questions”