Why does Linux Mint include Timeshift when the main developer doesn't have the time to maintain it?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Zergling
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Why does Linux Mint include Timeshift when the main developer doesn't have the time to maintain it?

Post by Zergling »

Explains why TimeShift is a complete POS...

I only installed it to do the Mint 20 upgrade, I've removed it since.
HaveaMint
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Why does Linux Mint include Timeshift when the main developer doesn't have the time to maintain it?

Post by HaveaMint »

Zergling wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:46 pm I only installed it to do the Mint 20 upgrade, I've removed it since.
You installed it so if something went wrong for whatever reason you could revert back to where you were but you say it's a pos?
"Tune for maximum Smoke and then read the Instructions".
Rocky Bennett
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Rocky Bennett »

Zergling wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:46 pm Explains why TimeShift is a complete POS...

I do not understand this post. Could please explain what this post means.
Linuz
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Linuz »

Rocky Bennett wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:18 pm
Zergling wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:46 pm Explains why TimeShift is a complete POS...

I do not understand this post. Could please explain what this post means.
He simply installed time shift once to make a system snapshot before upgrading from linux mint 19 to 20. This way he could restore the snapshot of his system when it was linux mint 19 just in case the upgrade made his operating system inoperable.

Once the upgrade went as planned, he decided to uninstall it because he didn't like it.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

I use Clonezilla to clone my Mint partition. It has alwAys worked and saves me many times.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb

Return to “Non-technical Questions”