[solved] Lenovo logo seen at boot sequence

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Brynn
Level 1
Level 1

[solved] Lenovo logo seen at boot sequence

Post by Brynn »

When I boot the LM20 MATE "Ulyana" I can see the "Lenovo" logo flicker onto the screen during the boot process. For this open source software, why does the "Lenovo" corporate logo appear at this time and what is it related to? Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Lenovo logo seen at boot sequence

Post by Moonstone Man »

Brynn wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:28 am When I boot the LM20 MATE "Ulyana" I can see the "Lenovo" logo flicker onto the screen during the boot process. For this open source software, why does the "Lenovo" corporate logo appear at this time and what is it related to? Thank you.
The logo is put there by your machine's BIOS. When linux comes along and refreshes video memory, the logo is replaced by whatever the operating system puts there. The kind of behaviour you describe is usually due to slow video memory. It isn't fast enough to beat the human eye.
Brynn
Level 1
Level 1

Re: [solved] Lenovo logo seen at boot sequence

Post by Brynn »

Thank you Kadaitcha Man.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”