Posting blocked

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
frisket
Level 2
Level 2

Posting blocked

Post by frisket »

Posting new topics in Desktop & Window Managers seems to be blocked ("forum does not support posting").

Is this a policy, or is there some incantation I need to ask a question?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
frisket
Level 2
Level 2

Re: [SOLVED] Posting blocked

Post by frisket »

My mistake: it turns out that it's only Cinnamon which is blocked; all the others work, but because Cinnamon is at the top, it turns the forum entry green.

BTW the rubric says "Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:". This is misleading: I didn't want to post a suggestion, I wanted to ask a question. Can someone please change it so it describes the actual situation?
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Posting blocked

Post by karlchen »

Hello, frisket.

You misunderstand:
The sub-forum Desktop & Windows Managers itself is read-only.
No-one can create a new thread on this level.

But there are 5 sub-forums: In order to create a new thread, you enter the appropriate sub-forum and click on the button [New Topic]

I just did so in the Cinnamon sub-forum and created the following thread: Laptop not running Mint 19.3 Cinnamon, but xfce, how can I force it to run Cinnamon?
So the Cinnamon sub-forum does permit creating a [New Topic].

The other thing, which you misunderstand, is the clarification displayed below the Cinnamon sub-forum link:
Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
This is meant to inform users, who want to suggest improvements of Cinnamon, that this Cinnamon sub-forum ist not the right location to do so, but that instead suggestions related to Cinnamon should be submitted on the linked Github page.

Hope this clears it up.
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Non-technical Questions”