What about moving the Desktop Colors and Panel Layout to the System Settings?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
witzel
Level 1
Level 1

What about moving the Desktop Colors and Panel Layout to the System Settings?

Post by witzel »

I was thinking about this during the whole week, why not? These settings could've been in the system settings, maybe somewhere inside Themes subcategory.
I don't think it's good to use the Welcome Screen as the only way for changing the panel layout or desktop colors. Shouldn't it be part of the system settings as the rest?

What about using these settings in the Welcome Screen as shortcuts for newcomers to click and go directly to the part they want these settings on? For example, if the user wants to change the desktop colors, they click in the welcome screen part and it open the right setting in system settings this option might be in. The Welcome Screen would work only as a shortcut for the system settings area that such configurations are in. I think you get what I mean. Why not doing the same thing as it's done in the options System Snapshots, Driver Manager, Multimedia Codecs, Firewall and so on in the Welcome Screen?

So, the user could remove/uninstall the whole Welcome Screen, (if they want to) and he/she wouldn't lose the option to change the desktop colors, panel layout and so on that are stuck in this only windows instead of the normal settings area like everything else.

Thoughts?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”