Bounty program?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dandv
Level 1
Level 1

Bounty program?

Post by dandv »

Is there a bounty program to reward fixes for certain issues? I searched for that in the Cinnamon repo, and I was the only one to ever offer a bounty.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Bounty program?

Post by xenopeek »

There is no bug bounty program. Developers actively and positively contributing to the projects may be rewarded for their work from user donations to Linux Mint.
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

Bug bounties from the big corporations are all well and good until someone discovers a bug and refuses to report it because they aren't being financially rewarded by smaller non-commercially funded operations like Linux Mint.
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

Bug bounties for GNU/Linux distros? Dream on.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “Non-technical Questions”