Forums website question: Is it possible to see new posts from only certain Boards?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
newlyminted7
Level 5
Level 5

Forums website question: Is it possible to see new posts from only certain Boards?

Post by newlyminted7 »

Is there a way to view New Posts only from certain Boards on this website?

I'd like to see be able to view a list of new posts like this link (from Quick Links in the top left), but only from certain Boards, not from all of them.

Is this possible? Can I use the Advanced Search feature to accomplish this somehow, perhaps?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Forums website question: Is it possible to see new posts from only certain Boards?

Post by xenopeek »

The new posts search is a predefined search that you can't customize. See the user guide for some info: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... predefined. I think you can't replicate it with advanced search to do something similar but only for forums you're interested in.

phpBB does have the option of subscribing to forums but this only gives you notifications about new topics, not also new posts (replies to topics).

I think the closest you can get is by using a feed reader. Each forum has a RSS feed you can subscribe to with a feed reader. The feed lists the 15 most recent posts in a forum when retrieved. It won't work the same as new posts but I guess it's the closest.
newlyminted7
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Forums website question: Is it possible to see new posts from only certain Boards?

Post by newlyminted7 »

Ok, thanks, xenopeek.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”