Donor / Sponsor Dashboard

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
oafk
Level 1
Level 1

Donor / Sponsor Dashboard

Post by oafk »

Hi all,

Questions up front
  • With respect to the donor and sponsor dashboard, are the activities linked together by one's email address?
  • How long does it take for the dashboard to update?
Context
I've been a Linux Mint user for several years and wanted to be more supportive with the release of 20.2. So, I made a donation and signed up as a sponsor yesterday. For the donation, I submitted my email address and credit card number via PayPal and then received a confirmation email (the one from Clem containing the password to the donor dashboard). PayPal also sent me a confirmation email.

That's when I remembered I had a registered PayPal account. I went through the sponsorship application page but this time signed onto PayPal (based on the same email address I provided for my donation). I received a confirmation email from PayPal for this automatic payment setup, but not from the Linux Mint side. Presently, when I access my dashboard, I can see my donation but am told I currently do not have a sponsorship set up.

I know it's trivial, but I want to take pride in supporting the project, so having an accurate portal means a lot to me. Can folks chime in on what I can expect or should do?

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
oafk
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Donor / Sponsor Dashboard

Post by oafk »

In case anyone in the future has the same questions as I did:

The activities appear to be linked by one's email address. In took a few days, but after I got my sponsorship confirmation, I was able to see the subscription ID via my donor portal. The subscription ID has its own access code, which in turn leads to a portal where settings and details for my sponsorship are housed.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”