Unoffical Mint OS X !!!

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jesica

Re: Unoffical Mint OS X !!!

Post by jesica »

what do you use for the date in the corner, that is cool

I would also like to add my terminal like that so that it will be on my desktop perminant
axel668

Post by axel668 »

omns wrote:This is one of the more disturbing things I've seen in a while. If you want to use a mac I'd suggest buying one. I did :shock: :D
That doesn't mean I don't use Mint but I have no inclination to make them look the same.
To each their own I guess. :wink:
I think stuff like this is important, because it shows off the main advantage of Linux over all operating systems: Flexibility !! Windows 7 maybe nice, OSX may look cool, but Linux can be customized to look and feel like ANYTHING you want - including Windows or Mac.
sahilshinesalways

Post by sahilshinesalways »

oh sory to reply soooooooo late....datz shut down and kill process.....i used sabayon for a while :)
the main aim of my transformation was to target the mac users dat linux is not just cool but much cooler den mac :D
roshichris

Post by roshichris »

Try Macbuntu. Seriously, install Ubuntu 10.04, install Macbuntu on top - http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ ... ent=129021

I don't use ubuntu so I got rid of it after I tried it, but I have to say it is unbelieveably good, particularly if you only use gtk apps, cos then the global menu works perfectly as well. Would fool any non-geek into thinking they are using OSX.

Try it you'll see what I mean.
newfie

Post by newfie »

I think mine is the best:

sahilshinesalways

roshichris wrote:Try Macbuntu. Seriously, install Ubuntu 10.04, install Macbuntu on top - http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ ... ent=129021

I don't use ubuntu so I got rid of it after I tried it, but I have to say it is unbelieveably good, particularly if you only use gtk apps, cos then the global menu works perfectly as well. Would fool any non-geek into thinking they are using OSX.

Try it you'll see what I mean.
looks promicing but i guess it might giv a performace hit in nettops and ee pc's which in general runs linux.....viewing the performance issue and minimum fuss i wod recomand mac4lin.
the onlt thing that bugs me about mac4lin is that it gotta few icon problems.otherwise its close to perfect. :wink:
sahilshinesalways

great work newfie!!!
looks cool.i think u did capture ur home in the photo :P
any way what dock did u use?cairo dock?
homebaze

Post by homebaze »

This is my attempt to have a Macish Netbook. I added the Mint-X-Theme&Icons, Global Menu and Docky. But to be honest, I do not use it very often as I prefer KDE, but nevertheless I like to play with linux with whatever flavour :) Hope you'll like it
kidflash

Re: MINT OS X !!!

Post by kidflash »

sahilshinesalways wrote:missing iTunes? ny1? :D dnt b sad...

remember coverflow huh??? :D :lol:
i love ryhembox
sahilshinesalways

homebaze wrote:This is my attempt to have a Macish Netbook. I added the Mint-X-Theme&Icons, Global Menu and Docky. But to be honest, I do not use it very often as I prefer KDE, but nevertheless I like to play with linux with whatever flavour :) Hope you'll like it
the mintmenu icon looks realy nice :wink: .i will surely give dat a try in mint 10.
sahilshinesalways

Re: MINT OS X !!!

kidflash wrote:
sahilshinesalways wrote:missing iTunes? ny1? :D dnt b sad...

remember coverflow huh??? :D :lol:
i love ryhembox
i love rhtymbox too.after years ofusing it didnt changed to much so switchd to banshee.heard recently dat coverflow plugin for rhythmbox is available + rhythm box is getting facelift so i will bring back my or"our" old favorate again :wink:
sahilshinesalways

here's my baby,though i have taken the pic way long back...sory to share so late :D
installed mint 10 few days back...expect some fireworks soon

Return to “Non-technical Questions”