Wlan & WEP in menus

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JohnH
Level 4
Level 4

Wlan & WEP in menus

Post by JohnH »

G'day Minties,
kwlan for WLAN with WEP/WPA in Knoppix menu; added VLAN configurator
(Distro Watch 5-12-2007)

Is this possible for Mint? It would be very handy for the inexperienced I should think.

Regards
John
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Alephcat
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Alephcat »

mint already has something similar which manages both wired and wireless networks. I found it quite easy to use, if it does not work for you please post again and we will try to get to the bottom of why it does not work
JohnH
Level 4
Level 4

Post by JohnH »

Thanks for your reply Alephcat,

My card worked out of the box (HP dv2000 laptop) and there are no instructions on how to set up WEP (or better security) that I see. It is probably very simple, but when I tried doing this sometime last year my network connection wouldn't work. So I disabled the encryption. Is there a guide to setting up security under linux somewhere, as I use my laptop 'on the road' and I worry about snoops.

Regards
John

Return to “Non-technical Questions”