ie4Linux came pre-installed?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

ie4Linux came pre-installed?

Post by jbaerbock » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:51 pm

Ok this might have been installed auto my some program but just realized that I randomly have ie4linux (IE 6.0 via wine) installed but not in my menu. If you guys did add it new to Celena awsome but otherwise hey I got it now :P.

katasuka
Level 2
Level 2

Post by katasuka » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:45 am

leftover from a previous install?

i know once awhile back i installed ies4linux and wine. i had a separate home partition and when i installed another distro over the system partition, i still had the wine directory and ies4linux.

i only got them for use in testing my websites but they still suck. IE sucked on windows, and sucks on linux

scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:11 pm

katasuka wrote:l only got them for use in testing my websites but they still suck. IE sucked on windows, and sucks on linux
Funny though: Thanks to mechanisms such as WINE, Linux is the *only* OS where you can install multiple versions of MSIE *at the same time* (MSIE4 + MSIE5 + MSIE6 + MSIE xyz) ... so they can 'suck' in parallel :lol: :lol: :lol:

jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jbaerbock » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:45 pm

Lol yeah the only thing I EVER use it for is anything needing activeX controls. I wiped the entire set of linux partitions clean when I installed Celena, only thing not touched was winXP partition. I did try to run wine doors and before it froze maybe it did something?

grgaud
Level 1
Level 1

Post by grgaud » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:27 am

katasuka wrote:leftover from a previous install?

i know once awhile back i installed ies4linux and wine. i had a separate home partition and when i installed another distro over the system partition, i still had the wine directory and ies4linux.

i only got them for use in testing my websites but they still suck. IE sucked on windows, and sucks on linux
EXACTAMUNDO! Why would a Linux user, who can use primo browsers like Firefox and Opera, want to install IE 4, or any other version of IE for that matter?
If you've never been here before,
make sure you come back and visit again.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”