Envy Dependancies

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

Envy Dependancies

Post by jbaerbock »

This may have been covered already and does no really matter since Envy auto fetches the missing dependancies. But I noticed that in Celena when you start up Envy it says some dependancies are missing (such as xorg-dev). Any idea why this is? Again does not matter much since Envy auto-fetches the missing packages but just wondering.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Not quite sure what you're thinking about.
But there was some error with dependencies when you upgraded from beta21 to final, which just was to install the latest Envy - I don't recall the details any more...
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi there,

Basically... there wasn't enough room on the CD to include Envy and all its dependencies. So I asked Alberto Milone to produce a custom version without the dependencies and a smart dependency checker which installs them the first time you run the tool.

This way you have Envy installed on your desktop.. it's there for people to click on, and even though it would have never fitted on the CD, it's part of the default software selection.

One dirty trick isn't it :)

Clem
The funny thing is.. I'm talking to Alberto right now to get an upgraded version of Envy without deps :)

Return to “Non-technical Questions”