Glaring bugs

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
RedLeg
Level 1
Level 1

Glaring bugs

Post by RedLeg »

Bugs, bugs, bugs..... Holy crap, I really thought that the Mint team had polished all the Natty bugs. Hasn't happened yet. Music player is totally off, right click is non functional, can't move multiple files to the trash, USB mounting is buggy,,,,,, all this is really too bad because Mint really is the best game in town.
Forsooth! Do you grok my jive, me hearties? Ten-four!

steviejay
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Glaring bugs

Post by steviejay »

I'm afraid I have to agree with you on this. I also find 11 a bit too buggy. I'm having trouble with Bluetooth and touchpad scrolling. To be fair, I've done some checking around and these faults seem to be common to all the latest releases such as Ubuntu 11.04 & Fedora 15.

I'm sticking with Mint 10 until they get resolved. I'd rather run an older version that works 100% than the latest one that only works 90%.

lmintnewb
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lmintnewb »

Am a newb ... and o course don't have to do any of the work. For that matter couldn't do any of the work. Mint HQ, knows more about making great software than I ever will. I blame ubuntu ... Though guess buntu isn't twisting Mint's arm to make them keep churning out releases in tandem with them, shrugs.

Feel the same about Linux Mint as many people. Like them and think they are talented software developers. Anyone who can make ubuntu useful ... Must be extremely talented imo, lol.

Though seems like Mint is inheriting buntu's tendency to release software whether it's ready or not. Even if it's crawling with bugs ... Sure even if it's buggy as all get out. Mint 11 puts to shame any OS I could make though. ;)
Last edited by lmintnewb on Sat May 28, 2011 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oscar799
Level 19
Level 19

Post by Oscar799 »

If you find bugs please report them here
https://bugs.launchpad.net/linuxmint

colyn
Level 6
Level 6

Post by colyn »

I must be the exception to the rule.

I have Mint 11 on a laptop and it is working flawlessly. I have not encountered any of the bugs mentioned..

No complaints here.............

OldManHook
Level 5
Level 5

Post by OldManHook »

RedLeg wrote:Bugs, bugs, bugs..... Holy ****, I really thought that the Mint team had polished all the Natty bugs. Hasn't happened yet. Music player is totally off, right click is non functional, can't move multiple files to the trash, USB mounting is buggy,,,,,, all this is really too bad because Mint really is the best game in town.

Maybe you should explain more :?: Music player off :?: USB Mounting :?: -Using Mint 11 Now Working Great :!: ,Your subject makes like the OS don't work at all,also you might want to check the known problems before you install,You might also stick with Mint 9 or 10 for a while (Mint 11 was just released),Also check your hardware,as Oscar799, Noted report Bugs,Help fix the OS :) :)
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
Gandhi

AdamS
Level 5
Level 5

Post by AdamS »

I have installed Mint 11 on a total of 9 systems now.

4 in house personal PC,s

2 desktop and 1 netbook and 1 laptop

The rest are all clients systems.

The only bugs I have noticed are the same silly crap I wish they would fix already. Like Gnome apps not loading on startup.

Other then that, mint 11 has been far more stable for me the Ubuntu 11.04 has been.

Sure seems like it is more refined to me.

Just a little FYI - upgrading the kernel from 2.6.38-8 to 2.6.38-9 helped some to.
Proud owner of a 99.5 % Linux based Pc - laptop - netbook - tablet - networking business.
Do your self a favor, stop paying for imperfection. Once you know Linux, you never go back.

wyrdoak
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wyrdoak »

Gúrú Linux ríomhaire Said

"...just a little FYI - upgrading the kernel from 2.6.38-8 to 2.6.38-9 helped some to."

2.6.39RC4 just fixed my Alps Touchpad gripe!
-Dell Mini Inspiron 910 Netbook-Atom CPU-N270-1.60ghz; 16gbs mini ePCI PATA SSD
15GB RAM- 1gbs-(LinixMint-19.3: LMDE)

Gozzin
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Gozzin »

The only bug I see is when I open File to close a Fire Fox window,there is no
close window option..Nope, none.
Nothing is ever as easy as you think it will be.~me

RedLeg
Level 1
Level 1

Post by RedLeg »

Ok, wow, sorry. This is why (too much) beer and forums don't mix. I don't clearly remember posting this, but oh well. I think I was on a notorious image board earlier that night and got all angsty. What a dumb post. :?
Forsooth! Do you grok my jive, me hearties? Ten-four!

Return to “Non-technical Questions”