pleasing forum colors

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
tinny
Level 2
Level 2

pleasing forum colors

Post by tinny » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:01 am

December 5, 2007 - My compliments on the current choice of forum colors: gray green/light blue/white. This color combo looks more professional and is easier on the eyes. The former yellowish green seemed swampy and military.

EDIT: Looks like old is back.
Last edited by tinny on Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Husse
Level 23
Level 23

Re: pleasing forum colors

Post by Husse » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:25 pm

Glad you like it
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it

tinny
Level 2
Level 2

Post by tinny » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:06 pm

Actually, I'm a bit confused. The color combo I was complimenting isn't showing at present. I was viewing the Forum in Internet Explorer on my laptop and noticed the nice color combo, but I changed computers and now it's the former yellowish green. I see no light blue at present. So I dunno what's going on. Have the Forum colors changed since this morning (1200 utc)?

Husse
Level 23
Level 23

Post by Husse » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:31 pm

Now I'm confused
The forum had new colors sometime between noon monday and noon today GMT
Before the colors were two shades of blue mostly
Now its three shades of green and white
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it

Alpha-Geek
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Alpha-Geek » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:38 pm

I really prefer the current shades of green over the blue scheme.

tinny
Level 2
Level 2

Post by tinny » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:53 am

I realize now that the color scheme I favored was rendered by Internet Explorer 6. I'm viewing the forum in Mozilla Firefox on the same laptop, and there is very little blue here. The light blue I saw in IE6 comprised maybe 10% of total color content. Basically, light blue was the backdrop of the Mint logo proper, and was little more in evidence (arrows for dropdown menus). There were 3 shades of green: two lighter greens and a darker gray green. The light blue had the effect of keeping the darker green from appearing brown. Let's all recall that Mint is trying to replace and improve on Ubuntu browns; that was the consensus at some point anyway. This is one reason I find that colors of military camouflage aren't much of an improvement over Ubuntu brown. After all, Ubuntu comes in a thick green too. I admit that I admired how the touch of light blue matched the blue scroll bars of IE6. Except for the medium blue of highlighted text and clicked links, I saw only one shade of blue (light blue), which was totally dominated by shades of green.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”