Mint in the Future

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
nesha87
Level 1
Level 1

Mint in the Future

Postby nesha87 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:26 pm

So, it seems that me (as a newbie) reading forums and linux-related sites, i can see that mint's popularity is growing very very rapidly. So my question is this:
How can Mint compete with multi-million dollar companies like Ubuntu and co. How can they keep up? Will mint be purchased/sponsored by a large company also? I really like the system, hope you keep up the great work!

tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Mint in the Future

Postby tdockery97 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:57 pm

Now this is just my opinion, and I could be completely wrong, but I don't think we users are in danger of Mint being bought by one of the big companies. After using Mint and being involved in the community for 1-1/2 years, my impression of Clem is that he enjoys the freedom of being an independent developer who does not have to answer to a large corporation. I believe he is satisfied to make a small living at what he does, which allows him to do what he loves most without having to answer to anyone but his community.

smiley_lauf
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Mint in the Future

Postby smiley_lauf » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:47 am

Also making a small donation would not hurt either--in this way, Clem could get a good vacation and come back all refreshed to do more good work. :wink:
Ubuntu User #21505; Linux User #408849

Return to “Non-technical Questions”