What happened with MintMag?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Arrow2Knee

What happened with MintMag?

Post by Arrow2Knee »

I was searching for a Mint Linux magazine, to learn some more about this OS.

I found: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=3407

But there seems to be only 1 issue. Is there still being worked at?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Re: What happened with MintMag?

Post by AlbertP »

That topic is locked, which means that replying to it is senseless. I suppose that in the past some reply was removed by a moderator, and the topic was locked to avoid other senseless replies. There's no message about the lock at the end, all we can do is wonder about what happened until someone posts a reply that makes sense.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Re: What happened with MintMag?

Post by Pilosopong Tasyo »

There have been several threads from 2007 and 2009 about MintMag (search for "mintmag" if you like). Unfortunately, it didn't materialize any further.

Quoting the late Husse:
Husse wrote:Screencast, MintMag are dead as far as I know. I think it maybe was a bit too much to chew.
It takes a lot of dedication to maintain this kind of a project (MintMag). Priorities change and volunteers can only do so much.
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].

Return to “Non-technical Questions”