Saving TimeShift to a USB Drive

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Rocky Bennett
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 432
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 6:22 pm

Re: Saving TimeShift to a USB Drive

Post by Rocky Bennett » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:38 am

bob466 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:03 pm
I don't see any reason to do this...as I have a System Image stored on an External HDD. Image :D


You actually have to use the EXT4 format in order to use timeshift.

User avatar
bob466
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 5:23 am
Location: Australia

Re: Saving TimeShift to a USB Drive

Post by bob466 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:34 pm

Rocky Bennett wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:38 am
bob466 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:03 pm
I don't see any reason to do this...as I have a System Image stored on an External HDD. Image :D


You actually have to use the EXT4 format in order to use timeshift.
Yes I'm aware of this...I doubt Timeshift was meant for this purpose. :wink:
Linux For Ever...Windoze Never Image

Rocky Bennett
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 432
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 6:22 pm

Re: Saving TimeShift to a USB Drive

Post by Rocky Bennett » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:36 pm

bob466 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:34 pm
Rocky Bennett wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:38 am
bob466 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:03 pm
I don't see any reason to do this...as I have a System Image stored on an External HDD. Image :D


You actually have to use the EXT4 format in order to use timeshift.
Yes I'm aware of this...I doubt Timeshift was meant for this purpose. :wink:


Your original post makes no sense and your follow up makes even less sense. Exactly what are you talking about in relation to the post right before your first post?

User avatar
bob466
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 5:23 am
Location: Australia

Re: Saving TimeShift to a USB Drive

Post by bob466 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:30 am

Rocky Bennett wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:36 pm
bob466 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:34 pm
Rocky Bennett wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:38 am




You actually have to use the EXT4 format in order to use timeshift.
Yes I'm aware of this...I doubt Timeshift was meant for this purpose. :wink:


Your original post makes no sense and your follow up makes even less sense. Exactly what are you talking about in relation to the post right before your first post?
Well maybe not to you...so I will explain...with Timeshift...some choose to place Snapshots on a Flash Drive but the problem is this...the Flash Drive must be formatted to EXT4 and if the HDD/SSD fails...you still have to Re-install the OS...then the Snapshot to get back where you were...something I doubt Timeshift was meant for...as I said. Image because it works like System Restore in Windoze. :roll:

A System Image does it all in one go...doesn't matter what the format is or HDD/SSD failure...that's the difference Image but people can do whatever they like. Image
Linux For Ever...Windoze Never Image

Post Reply

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”