Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon 64, Beginner = Student

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
VioLIGHTa55
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon 64, Beginner = Student

Post by VioLIGHTa55 »

All my life, I am using WINDOW OS, and I am a new beginner of LINUX MINT 19.2 Cinnamon, 64 bit, I download it yesterday, my browser is Firefox, I did verify by using MD5-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2VmyTV2iHM, include in my attachment photo, because it is easy to use, I did burn it in my window 7 ultimate, DVD disc and I verify, everything is okey. I want to install it in Window 7 Ultimate, 32bit, HP laptop computer CORE i3, HP Pavilion Entertainment PC, this is second hand laptop or OLD computer laptop, but when I look in the BIOS i5, 2 GB RAM, 100GB, include in my attachment photo laptop. I install it, at first it is working fine, after that, it appear in the computer, "(initramfs) unable to find a medium containing a live file system", include in my attachment photos. I am hoping some members who are kindhearted can help me, and to try to install in my HP laptop, complete or wipe out this is my first project as a student of Linux MINT, and I would like to thank you very much in advance, for the help, that you offer as volunteer, or this is your own gift as a gifted computer wizard. A heavenly, blessing to all of us. :) :) :)
Attachments
linux 1.jpg
linux 2.jpg
MD5.jpg
GELvdH
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon 64, Beginner = Student

Post by GELvdH »

Please run <inxi -Fxxxzr> in the terminal window and post the output so that we can see what you actually have set up.
VioLIGHTa55
Level 1
Level 1

Post by VioLIGHTa55 »

I am not an I.T., and I do not know anything about programming but maybe little by little I can learn, if I have a money I will buy a brand new Linux laptop, so that I do not have a headache, to learn, new things, this is not my cup of tea. I just learn through experiences over 20 years in Window OS and program. Maybe my internet connection is being sabotage when I download Linux Mint 19.2 64 bit, sometime in the importance things I have to do, in the middle of it always LOST connection. And what a suprised to me, my HP laptop, it is still working in the Window 7, Ultimate, browser Edge and Firefox, it did not affect at all with a FAILED installing Linux Mint 19.2 64 bit, wow, this is interesting to me. I have to learn, what are you talking here, I have no idea, it look like a programming to me. Thank you very much, for your help as a volunteer. :) :) :) :)
Moem
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Moem »

VioLIGHTa55 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:59 pm
I have to learn, what are you talking here, I have no idea, it look like a programming to me.
It's not programming, it's just a command. If you type it into the terminal, and press Enter, you will get an output that contains your system information and that will help people to help you. We can't see your computer after all.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
VioLIGHTa55
Level 1
Level 1

Post by VioLIGHTa55 »

Last night, I did turn off my other HP laptop computer and going to sleep. So when I turn it on, it go back to Window OS, and working, so I will start all over again the installation, then when it pop up on the screen, then I will enter in the command terminal, okey, I will try again, bear with me, I am just a student. Thank you very much. :) :) :) :)
VioLIGHTa55
Level 1
Level 1

Post by VioLIGHTa55 »

I start all over again, and I did enter in the command terminal, and the result is in the attach photo. Maybe I did something wrong, and by the way, the HP laptop it is not working the DVD internal or attach to the HP laptop, so I have external DVD machines instead, and I do have in BIOS F10, USB CDR/DVD ROM, first priority just let you know that. Thank you. :) :) :) :)
Attachments
Photo I took, in the other HP laptop.
Photo I took, in the other HP laptop.
RollyShed
Level 5
Level 5

Post by RollyShed »

I always burn the .iso file to a USB stick and make USB the first priority when doing an installation.

I find USB sticks are more reliable than DVDs.
stereo555
Level 1
Level 1

Post by stereo555 »

You're trying to install a 64 bit operating system in a 32 bit machine. You'll need to find a different version of Linux that will work in a 32 bit machine. I'm not familiar with those, but someone will probably jump in here with some good suggestions.
Portreve
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Portreve »

C'mon, you can do better than that.

Here's the download page for the 32 bit version of LM 19.2.
Your intermittently humble Portreve.

Body Type: Clearly not one to turn down a taco.

Recommended Keyboard Layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)
RollyShed
Level 5
Level 5

Post by RollyShed »

"CORE i3, HP Pavilion Entertainment PC"
As far as I know these were always 64 bit.
Does anyone know of a 32 bit i3 core?

We have a very old eMachine Netbook which originally had 32 bit Win XP and eventually I installed 32 bit MATE. I checked it recently with a USB stick and Linux Mint Cinnamon v20.2, 64 bit. Yes it worked OK. And No, not as modern as i3.
VioLIGHTa55
Level 1
Level 1

Post by VioLIGHTa55 »

RollyShed wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:15 pm
I always burn the .iso file to a USB stick and make USB the first priority when doing an installation.

I did it before, in USB sticks, with a download program, empty file on the USB stick, with https://www.balena.io/etcher/, and https://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal ... -as-1-2-3/, it is not working, maybe when I download my suspect, I was being sabotage through the back door, or through internet connection, because with my own experiences, this is number 6 laptop I have, being HACK, and they destroy the motherboard always, that what the computer technician told me, and also all my favorites internet bookmark, before been HACK posted in my FACEBOOK. So I use to it now, just part of our physical life journey and move forward learned the lesson, because I am the special target. So my alternative is to burn in DVD. I do not worry, about it, and it is only add to my own knowledge and experiences, If you have the money, you can buy a brand new Linux Laptop, and also, I have some friends who are I.T. professional I can ask for help. This is for my own knowledge how this thing works in LINUX. Anyway thank you, very much, for your help as a volunteer. Prosperous and Abundance is coming soon. A heavenly, blessing to all of us. Something wrong when I hit submit.
Attachments
ScreenShot004.jpg
ScreenShot002.jpg
VioLIGHTa55
Level 1
Level 1

Post by VioLIGHTa55 »

stereo555 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:22 pm
You're trying to install a 64 bit operating system in a 32 bit machine. You'll need to find a different version of Linux that will work in a 32 bit machine. I'm not familiar with those, but someone will probably jump in here with some good suggestions.
Okey, I will try it, with my other HP laptop, because it is Window 7 OS Ultimate 32 bit, and you are right, maybe it is not compatible and learning new things here again, because when you do your research in internet, you are reading different opinion, because they can track you, what you are doing in the internet, and your mind get confused, use your discernment, due dillegence and common sense. Anyway, thank you very much. :) :) :) :)
RollyShed
Level 5
Level 5

Post by RollyShed »

VioLIGHTa55 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:09 pm
RollyShed wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:15 pm

I did it before, in USB sticks, with a download program, empty file on the USB stick, with https://www.balena.io/etcher/, and https://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal ... -as-1-2-3/, it is not working,
Did you do it this way? -
https://www.pendrivelinux.com/tag/burn-iso-to-usb/

NOTE - burn, not copy.
VioLIGHTa55
Level 1
Level 1

Post by VioLIGHTa55 »

Okey, I will try it later, to experiment as a student, in the USB stick. And thank you very much. :) :) :) :)
VioLIGHTa55
Level 1
Level 1

Post by VioLIGHTa55 »

RollyShed wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:45 pm
"CORE i3, HP Pavilion Entertainment PC"
As far as I know these were always 64 bit.
Does anyone know of a 32 bit i3 core?

We have a very old eMachine Netbook which originally had 32 bit Win XP and eventually I installed 32 bit MATE. I checked it recently with a USB stick and Linux Mint Cinnamon v20.2, 64 bit. Yes it worked OK. And No, not as modern as i3.
Yes, my project that I want to install LINUX Mint 19.2, 64 bit in HP "CORE i3, HP Pavilion Entertainment PC" when I look at in the System Information is it always 64 bit, right now, the Window OS I install myself is Window 7 Ultimate 32bit. For safety experiment, I try to install Linux Mint 19.2, 32 bit. And I am very suprised, that I try to install Linux Mint 19.2 64 bit, and FAIL to install it, when I turn off the HP laptop computer, and later turn on again, it working perfect again, Window 7 Ultimate OS 32 bit. And thank you very much, for your help as a volunteer.
RollyShed
Level 5
Level 5

Post by RollyShed »

VioLIGHTa55 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:10 pm
when I look at in the System Information is it always 64 bit, right now, the Window OS I install myself is Window 7 Ultimate 32bit. For safety experiment, I try to install Linux Mint 19.2, 32 bit.
You should be able to run the computer from the USB stick. If you can't, you won't be able to do an installation.

So, does the computer run from a 64 bit .iso burnt to a USB stick?

Just because the computer had 32 bit Windows doesn't mean it won't run 65 bit Linux. I know, I've got a little eMachines Netbook and it came with 32 bit WinXP. It will run with a USB stick with 64 bit Mint Cinnamon 20.2.

I presume you have told the computer to start from a USB stick first and not the internal disk?
RollyShed
Level 5
Level 5

Post by RollyShed »

just to prove that the old (November 2009) eMachines Netbook does run off Mint Cinnamon 64 bit USB stick, I have it looking at this thread on the web right now.
VioLIGHTa55
Level 1
Level 1

Post by VioLIGHTa55 »

Learn new things here, so it very important to have USB, stick to burn the the Linux Mint 19.2, 32/64 bit OS file, it is faster, compatible with any laptop/desktop computer, easy to carry, etc., a huge advantage, and then adjust your BIOS first boot priority to USB. And if you install Linux Mint 19.2, 32/64 bit OS file and burn on DVD, and adjust your BIOS first boot priority to internal DVD player attach to laptop computer, learn new things and added to our knowledge. Thank you very much, for your help as volunteer. :) :) :) :)
RollyShed
Level 5
Level 5

Post by RollyShed »

Totally off the subject, your residence, Makati City, Philippines, a few years ago I had to sail a yacht from Manila to Japan so I know the area a just little bit. :)
RollyShed
Level 5
Level 5

Post by RollyShed »

Important
Have you checked that the DVD player on the computer is working? Can you see videos and listen to audio CDs on that player?

Important
If the DVD player works and you load the .iso, DON'T rush, don't be in a hurry. It can take 2 - 3 minutes before it starts running Linux. You will probably have a black screen until it starts.