What are default Application for linux mint cinnamon?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
oneuser
Level 1
Level 1

What are default Application for linux mint cinnamon?

Post by oneuser »

Cinnamon the next year will have 10 years of existence, so i'd like to know since then what are default apps in the current version, eg. 20.2.

Changes are planned? Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: What are default application for linux mint cinnamon?

Post by Hoser Rob »

Tried searching "linux mint 20.2 cinnamon new apps"? That should at least get you a youtube video.

Really though it doesn't matter what non DE specific app software ships with any release, if I don't like t I'll just install something else.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
oneuser
Level 1
Level 1

Post by oneuser »

Hoser Rob wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:44 am Tried searching "linux mint 20.2 cinnamon new apps"? That should at least get you a youtube video.

Really though it doesn't matter what non DE specific app software ships with any release, if I don't like t I'll just install something else.
Oh thanks i see but that would provide "new apps" knowledge, i was asking if there is a way to know the default one, along their version, since on the website nothing is told about.

So far i got "nemo" is the default file manager, along Firefox and thunderbird repectively browser web and email client
dorsetUK
Level 5
Level 5

Post by dorsetUK »

oneuser wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:24 pm ... i was asking if there is a way to know the default one, along their version, since on the website nothing is told about.

So far i got "nemo" is the default file manager, along Firefox and thunderbird repectively browser web and email client
I'd say that the easiest way is to download Mint and run it 'live' on your computer.

Please bear in mind that as Hoser Rob says, in the end, the choice is ours.
oneuser
Level 1
Level 1

Re: What are default Application for linux mint cinnamon?

Post by oneuser »

Actually i did some minths ago, was looking for an official souce :wink:
dorsetUK
Level 5
Level 5

Re: What are default Application for linux mint cinnamon?

Post by dorsetUK »

oneuser wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:58 pm Actually i did some minths ago, was looking for an official souce :wink:
So far as I know, that's as official as it gets. :wink:
mshmm
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mshmm »

oneuser wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:24 pm So far i got "nemo" is the default file manager, along Firefox and thunderbird repectively browser web and email client
  • LibreOffice for documents, spreadsheets etc
  • Celluloid for videos
  • Rhythmbox for music
But it's easy to replace these if you wish.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”