Is Linux Mint ugly?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Is Linux Mint ugly?

Post by Portreve »

MurphCID wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:24 am
BG405 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:25 pm
ZakGordon wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:54 pm beauty is in the eye of the beholder
In my case, beer-holder. :roll: :mrgreen:

You know I always look forward to your posts.
You said it, MurphCID. He sure can be a hoopy frood sometimes. :lol:
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

In my case, beer-holder. :roll: :mrgreen:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal labotomy???

Never mind, they are both one in the same anyways...lol...DAMIEN
Len99
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Len99 »

I think Linux Mint Cinnamon edition is by far one of the BEST looking desktop I could find. And even today is why I have not moved from it these 3 years or so. I regularly do a google for best or prettiest linux disto and still dont agree those chosen by the experts LOL..... mint is also one of the easiest to change appearance to the way one likes it anyway!.... and I have to admit to being a live distro junkie but LMC remains my only continuous desktop system as I just cannot seem to find anything better looking or functional "for me"....... and really that is why the old addage of "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" remains true ...... though I would love some 3d style icons LOL
rick gen
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rick gen »

They can't make it more beautiful because it might not work with older computers.
They have to cover everybody, including those with PCs produced during the pre-Cambrian period.
They're still operating in an environment where they have to please the lowest common denominator.

There are very established distros like Linux Lite, for example, which I installed several times hoping
it would provide additional speed for my not-so-old PC. I saw no difference. I always end up going back
to LinuxMint, probably because Lite graphics is too distracting and not up with the times, which is the aim
in the first place. It will probably stay that way in the Linux industry for more decades to come.

I've been using Linux Mint Xfce for many years now, btw.
Termy
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Termy »

Heck no. I think especially Cinnamon looks really damn nice. I'm also happy with the fairly recent changes to the website. I think they're doing a fine job with the visuals.
I'm also Terminalforlife on GitHub.
user6c57b8
Level 2
Level 2

Post by user6c57b8 »

ssspace wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:38 am I'm reading several comments(videos/blogs) about Linux Mint ugliness in the last days, ...
90% of the aesthetics of a Desktop Environment that ships with Linux Mint or whatever is the wallpaper. And that can be easily changed. And Linux Mint comes with some pretty nice wallpaper by default which is pretty sweet.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

The comments the original poster read "in the last days" was nearly four years ago when LM19 first came out. Original poster is no longer a member and will not be responding to suggestions.

Locking this old topic as numerous changes to improve the look of Linux Mint have happened in the last four years.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”