Thank you, Team Linux Mint Cinnamon. Vanessa 21 is a triumph.

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Peers Taylor
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you, Team Linux Mint Cinnamon. Vanessa 21 is a triumph.

Post by Peers Taylor »

Man, I love Linux Mint Cinnamon. I jumped ship from Windows when Tricia 19.3 was the Queen of Mint, and I upgraded to Ulyana 20 via the terminal in my laptop, and as a fresh install on my PC. The new upgrade tool is awesome, and the Linux Mint Team are awesome. Vanessa, sweet Vanessa.
On my PC, I have two SSD's with Linux Mint installed; one dedicated to Gaming, and the other dedicated to creative pursuits and general use.
On my primary Mint SSD I'm running: Audacity, VLC Media Player, Brave Browser, GIMP, Krita, Kdenlive, Handbrake, OBS, Deluge, and a bunch of other excellent FOSS apps, what's not to love?
Gaming on Linux Mint is awesome. Here's a selection of games which I run via Steam. Alice: Madness Returns, Ryse Son of Rome, Bioshock, Control, Cyberpunk 2077, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Deus Ex Human Revolution DC, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West , Metro Exodus, Titanfall 2, Far Cry 3, Deep Rock Galactic . . . all running perfectly.
Heck, I even played Lollipop Chainsaw on The PS3 emulator "RPCS3" on Linux Mint. Awesome.
Thanks again, for your awesome work, Team Linux Mint Cinnamon.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Last edited by LockBot on Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DesktopPC: AMD Zen5 5600X 32gbRam + Radeon RX6600 8gbVram. LinuxMintCinnamon21: SSD#1 Work SSD#2 LinuxGaming SSD#3 Pop!OS
Laptop: ACER Travelmate 5740 i3 6gbRam Linux Mint Cinnamon 21
SingleBoard: RaspberryPi4 4gbRam UbuntuMATE ARM 64 20.04
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Thank you, Team Linux Mint Cinnamon. Vanessa 21 is a triumph.

Post by antikythera »

But.... can it run minesweeper? :mrgreen:

Seriously though, nice sentiment and write up of your experience with Mint 21
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Thank you, Team Linux Mint Cinnamon. Vanessa 21 is a triumph.

Post by MurphCID »

Yes, thank you. It works great.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”