Mint 13 (Maya) RC out

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
CrashedHash

Re: Mint 13 (Maya) RC out

Post by CrashedHash »

Oh boy can't wait to test the Mate edition :D
JamesAC

Post by JamesAC »

Hahah I had just installed Ubuntu 12.04 over my Mint 12 install. Downloading the Cinnamon 64Bit version now!
Goz
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Mint 13 (Maya) is in testing

Post by Goz »

zerozero wrote:and MATE is RC http://community.linuxmint.com/iso
I know !!! I was not expecting this. :mrgreen:
Think of Windows 10 as Hotel California for computers.
realitykid

Post by realitykid »

Ok, I am trying it out and it looks great! But does anyone know what the heck happened to lightdm??
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

It's probably replaced by MDM just like in LMDE.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

AlbertP wrote:It's probably replaced by MDM just like in LMDE.
in the mate ed. is. i have no idea about the cinnamon ed.
SCrid2000

Post by SCrid2000 »

Awesome! Downloading now!
I'll look through the posts in this thread, but what's the terminal command to install mate if I download/install the cinnamon version? Or are the two not compatible?

Edit: found it! Thanks cwwgateway!
install mint-meta-mate
Last edited by SCrid2000 on Tue May 15, 2012 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Post by caf4926 »

Using _64 Mate version now
Wonderful :D
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
esteban1uy

Post by esteban1uy »

zerozero wrote:
AlbertP wrote:It's probably replaced by MDM just like in LMDE.
in the mate ed. is. i have no idea about the cinnamon ed.
In Cinnamon edition too:
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

Doesn't that look great? Much better than GDM 2.32 did in Mint 11.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Perhaps, but now you have to type your username each time to login also. I think for the average user this is a step back in terms of usability?
Java_Az

Post by Java_Az »

No more Lisa breaking my heart. I am moving on , Maya is true love this time :D
esteban1uy

Post by esteban1uy »

xenopeek wrote:Perhaps, but now you have to type your username each time to login also. I think for the average user this is a step back in terms of usability?
Not really, you can configure the way it works. Take a look at this (no need to type the username, just the password):
realitykid

Post by realitykid »

There is a problem with Mint 13 Cinnamon on Virtual Box when 3D acceleration is turned on. For some reason, my cursor doesn't work right. It's almost as if when I click on something, it thinks I'm clicking somewhere else. With 3D acceleration turned off, and dropped into fallback, it works fine. It's only in vbox though. It works fine from the live usb on my laptop.
esteban1uy

Post by esteban1uy »

realitykid wrote:There is a problem with Mint 13 Cinnamon on Virtual Box when 3D acceleration is turned on. For some reason, my cursor doesn't work right. It's almost as if when I click on something, it thinks I'm clicking somewhere else. With 3D acceleration turned off, and dropped into fallback, it works fine. It's only in vbox though. It works fine from the live usb on my laptop.
Are you sure you have the "absolute pointing device" option enabled?
realitykid

Post by realitykid »

esteban1uy wrote:
realitykid wrote:There is a problem with Mint 13 Cinnamon on Virtual Box when 3D acceleration is turned on. For some reason, my cursor doesn't work right. It's almost as if when I click on something, it thinks I'm clicking somewhere else. With 3D acceleration turned off, and dropped into fallback, it works fine. It's only in vbox though. It works fine from the live usb on my laptop.
Are you sure you have the "absolute pointing device" option enabled?
I tried it with it enabled and disabled.

Edit: I changed the "chipset" setting to ICH9 and that seemed to help a bit, but the problem still exists.
KBD47
Level 7
Level 7

Post by KBD47 »

xenopeek wrote:Perhaps, but now you have to type your username each time to login also. I think for the average user this is a step back in terms of usability?
Haven't had to log in once in MATE Mint 13. In the few times I've restarted I only actully saw mdm one time and it was counting down about 3 sec to auto login.
kbd47
cwwgateway

Post by cwwgateway »

Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon finally finished downloading, and I'm installing now. The picture for the automatic boot in x seconds is different, although I like it. Also, during boot up there is plymouth (or whatever boot display-thing they used), although it has a black background. Unfortunately, Cinnamon didn't load in VBox (although that's probably because the guest additions aren't installed), and, despite this, it didn't go to the fallback mode. The install's working, though.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Post by altair4 »

esteban1uy wrote:
Not really, you can configure the way it works. Take a look at this (no need to type the username, just the password):
Just on the off chance that anybody actually wants to know how to do that this is my best guess:

Menu > Administration > Login Window > Local > Style > choose " Plain with Face Browser"

Perhaps there's another way?
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
esteban1uy

Post by esteban1uy »

altair4 wrote:Just on the off chance that anybody actually wants to know how to do that this is my best guess:
Menu > Administration > Login Window > Local > Style > choose " Plain with Face Browser"
Perhaps there's another way?
That's it.
The other way is stepping in front of your pc shouting:
For it is Linus Torvalds who command you...
The majestic Clement Lefebvre commands you..
Richard Stallman himself commands you...
Reveal yourself daemon!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”