Mintbox: Android VNC?!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cereus

Mintbox: Android VNC?!

Post by cereus »

Forgive my lack of Linuxness ... I'm new! ...

I'm also goin' in a couple different directions, at the moment ...

But, I gotta ask ... as a heavy tablet user (no, my tablet ain't particularly massive), let's say ... I got a Mintbox ... would there be an Android app available I could install which would allow me to control it?! :shock:

I saw something about an IR ... for remote?

I've always got my tablet handy ... if I had an app to control the Mintbox, I'd much rather go that route!

IIRC, on Linux, that's VNC?! ... anyhow, I really couldn't care less precisely what it is ... if I could get to the Mintbox through http, and it served up the desktop for me, that'd be fine, too! Bascially, something like Windows' "Remote Desktop"!

Now ... let's also say, it came pre-loaded with everything I need to record from a Hauppage TV stick! (I'm not afraid to download and install stuff ... but on the few occasions I've needed to, it was never simply one file, point and click ... but rather a hornet's nest of interdependencies and cryptic commands!)

That would almost be worth $500! ... save me the trouble of trying to build it, myself!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cereus

Re: Mintbox: Android VNC?!

Post by cereus »

ok ... nevermind ... just got vino and Android VNC working! ... freaked the wife out ... she thinks I'm spying on her now!

also did a little shopping ... looks like I can piece together a nice little unit for about $250 ... +wi-fi, I think!

just gotta see if there's a Netflix program for LINUX ... or if I'd hafta use a browser ... either way, I wish I'd've known all this before I spent $100 on the Roku XS! :?

not sure confused with that one VNC app ... insisting on my gmail login ... I've just about had it with google!

still wouldn't mind one of them mint box cases! :mrgreen:

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”