how popular is the olivia edition of kde?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
LISABLUEANGEL
Level 1
Level 1

how popular is the olivia edition of kde?

Post by LISABLUEANGEL »

im just wondering how popular is linuxmint 15 olivia
skywolfblue
Level 3
Level 3

Re: how popular is the olivia edition of kde?

Post by skywolfblue »

I can't speak to any specific numbers, but there are a lot of people who are using mint 15 KDE and loving it (myself included).
Snapcase
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Snapcase »

+1
SC23
Level 4
Level 4

Post by SC23 »

+1 KDE flavor
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

I think it is a very approachable KDE distribution. Tweaks like setting it so you need to double-click on files and folders to open them, unlike the KDE default of needing only single-click. And disabling the selection marker in Dolphin (the little +/- icon in the top left of file and folder emblems, that you can click to add/remove those from your selection), so like on other desktops you need to use the Ctrl key as a modifier to your mouseclicks to add/remove individual files or folders to your selection. So it's more approachable as the learning curve is lower, as these kind of behaviors are more like Windows users, and users of other Linux Mint editions, are familiar with. Debatable whether the KDE default settings or the Linux Mint tweaked settings are better--though I clearly prefer the KDE default settings--but there can be no argument I think that this shortens the learning curve for users new to KDE.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”