Mint is purely GNOME or does it install KDE libraries?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
stodge
Level 1
Level 1

Mint is purely GNOME or does it install KDE libraries?

Postby stodge » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:45 pm

The homepage announces that the new release includes Amarok, which is a KDE application. Does this mean Mint installs KDE libraries? Or is Mint purely GNOME?

Thanks

zonamint
Level 2
Level 2

what do you think

Postby zonamint » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:17 am

What do you think?

How can Amarok works without KDE library ? -.-

OFCOURSE IT INCLUDES KDE LIBRARYS!!!!!!!!!!

NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Postby NiksaVel » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:57 am

:D :D :D zonamint chill out a bit man...

AlsaPhil
Level 4
Level 4

Postby AlsaPhil » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:00 am

NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Postby NiksaVel » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:38 am

hehe... if you need to vent your frustration... find a windows support forum and vent away...

lot of people have noob linux questions... up to a month ago I couldn't even properly compile a program.... but it is the community that makes the biggest difference here... we need to help eachother out ... especially help the guys who just got themselves a new install of linux...

we're not cold corporate automatons but also we're not (or at least shouldn't be) snot nosed egoistical techno freaks... a lot of people just want to get a stable operating system to surf around and read their mail... there's no better than linux for it... but it can be quite a pain to set up a new linux install... especially for people comming in from a windows os...

I know most things are supposed to "just work" but I'll be damned if I EVER had an install of ANYTHING that "just worked - the way I wanted it to"... it was bloody hell for me to configure my first linux box... and EVERYTHING was a problem which led to yet another problem... it was the pleasant and helpful community that got me through and made me see the light....

zonamint
Level 2
Level 2

ok...

Postby zonamint » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:45 pm

Well i apologize for my manners...its that my native language is not english and i say things the same way we say them in Uruguay :P

I undestand maybe i exceed with some vocabulary or answers...im sorry next time i will respond in a correct way.

@AlsaPhil , im only a Linux Mint user...trying to help community ....sometimes my lack of english vocabulary or knowledge makes it understand different for what i really wanted to say... and well only what i have to say is sorry im conscious i exceed limits sometime...will not happen again =(

AlsaPhil
Level 4
Level 4

Postby AlsaPhil » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:53 pm

You are welcome zonamint :D
Incident is over, therefore forgotten :lol:

zonamint
Level 2
Level 2

Postby zonamint » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:15 pm

thank you :) im happy of being part of the forum... its my start up page at mozilla :D

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”