Finally got rid of M$ :D

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
terrorblader

Finally got rid of M$ :D

Post by terrorblader »

Hy fellas!
I did the switch 10 days ago from Vista to Linux Mint (tried Ubuntu in the past),I am very pleased with this OS,after some research all my devices are now working fine,including the card reader and webcam!Thanks for doing such a great job in building and maintaining this distro!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rivenought

Re: Finally got rid of M$ :D

Post by rivenought »

Clem and the guys do an excellent job. Congratulations on disinfecting your computer of Windows. Welcome to Mint.
Algus

Post by Algus »

I just can't make that final jump. I just can't bring myself to erase my Windows partition. And Mint is spoiling me because it's got that pretty screen for Grub. Someday maybe I'll be able to make that leap but I like my computer games and I just don't want to mess with VMs or Wine ;_;
xnostradamusx
Level 3
Level 3

Post by xnostradamusx »

im also a hardcore gamer thats why cant get rid also my windows xp partition, anyway i just use it for games nowdays. maybe when i got better things to do in the computer rather than gaming ill finally get rid of windows
~cheers~

xnostradamusx
darco
Level 4
Level 4

Post by darco »

Same here, still hanging on to my Vista partition only for games.....I did try VMWare 6.5 w/3d enabled but its way too glitchy for me. I do have to say that I am running Windows 7 in vmware and its looks pretty nice so far... :oops:
Virtualization is awesome...

darco
xnostradamusx
Level 3
Level 3

Post by xnostradamusx »

darco wrote:Same here, still hanging on to my Vista partition only for games.....I did try VMWare 6.5 w/3d enabled but its way too glitchy for me. I do have to say that I am running Windows 7 in vmware and its looks pretty nice so far... :oops:
Virtualization is awesome...

darco
i thought vmware and virtual box doesnt support 3d what kind of games you play in your vmware?

about windows 7 i dont like it its just the same outlook of vista just much more expensive when its been released than vista
~cheers~

xnostradamusx
darco
Level 4
Level 4

Post by darco »

VMWare 6.5 supports directx 9.0...dont know about vbox. I only tried two games, Combat Arms and Americas Army. Both ran fine, Combat Arms had some graphic glitches but it was just a test. No way would I run a true game like COD4 when I have Vista x64 w/a 3 gigs and a 8800 GT card.

As far as your Windows 7 comment, heh, you need to try it before commenting...I have been running it for work purposes and it is very nice and I do think this version will be put MS demise talk on hold, well at least for awhile :)
I am still a devoted Mint user!

darco
xnostradamusx
Level 3
Level 3

Post by xnostradamusx »

darco wrote:VMWare 6.5 supports directx 9.0...dont know about vbox. I only tried two games, Combat Arms and Americas Army. Both ran fine, Combat Arms had some graphic glitches but it was just a test. No way would I run a true game like COD4 when I have Vista x64 w/a 3 gigs and a 8800 GT card.

As far as your Windows 7 comment, heh, you need to try it before commenting...I have been running it for work purposes and it is very nice and I do think this version will be put MS demise talk on hold, well at least for awhile :)
I am still a devoted Mint user!

darco

nah im staying away from windows as best as i can so no chance trying windows 7, i was just curious with that vmware your using cause if i remember i can only use the free one from linux and its only ver 2 i think cause i use virtualbox as my test box which im sure doesnt suport 3d
~cheers~

xnostradamusx

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”