Thank you to those supporting others here!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Thank you to those supporting others here!

Post by Moem »

jharris1993 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:18 pm Thanks again for a useful tip. Maybe it could be pinned somewhere obvious?
You're welcome!
Well, yes... there is a sticky in the Newbie Questions section, so it looks like your idea was so good that it's already been done :D

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
fatso
Level 4
Level 4

Post by fatso »

Mr. Een has been a godsend for me. Weird audio issues that seemed to require "try this" after "try this" after "try this". He never lost his patience and never gave up. He was right there every step of the way, and his responses were fast. Way above the call of duty, if you ask me. I have a great deal of respect for his commitment toward helping others, and an equal measure of gratitude. You rock, my friend!

I also want to express my gratitude and respect for the Mint team. I've tried many distros, and IMO none come close to Mint for so many reasons. Plus, with the upgrade to 20.1, all my audio headaches have now been solved. Not only do I have a proper amount of volume, but I get a much better response when playing music...great bass while still maintaining crisp hihats & cymbals. "S"s in the vocals sound very natural and clear. No amount of tinkering could produce those things for me previously. My system is snappier, images are crisper and more vibrant, and bootup/shutdown are noticably faster. I've done the update (easily & painlessly) on 3 different systems in my home with the same results as mentioned on all 3. I call that a job well done by the Mint team! Thanks folks, you da best! :D :D :D

And last but certainly not least, I'd like to thank the community. It's been my experience that linux communities on the whole are great people who are willing to help, share a laugh, and in many cases further "the cause"...and the Mint bunch seem to be among the best. So hats off to all of you, too!
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

Thank you for the kind words fatso! I'm really glad to hear everything is running great. :D
fatso wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:57 pm And last but certainly not least, I'd like to thank the community. It's been my experience that linux communities on the whole are great people who are willing to help, share a laugh, and in many cases further "the cause"...and the Mint bunch seem to be among the best. So hats off to all of you, too!
And I'd certainly like to thank the entire community here as well. I don't want to list names, as I know I'll leave way too many off the list that deserve credit. Anyone that helps, even those that are unsuccessfully just trying to help, Thank You! This forum was one of the main reasons I chose Mint when I made the switch from Windows a few years ago. To this day, I still dig up nuggets of gold from people that posted before I was ever here. And the help available and info shared just keeps getting better.
ugurcansayan
Level 1
Level 1
Location: %PERMSN_MISSING% "To resolve this issue, go to Start > Settings > Piracy"

Post by ugurcansayan »

"Helping" is a nice word and feeling. I am a newbie here, I cannot be helpful yet. I am reading and consuming help topics, but I kinda know the feeling when somebody helps someone patiently. The helper feels the success, the needy feels the gratefulness, they both appreciate and be happy.

I want to thank everyone who wrote sticky threads, who helped anyone in the past, who gave any feedback to Linux Mint team and who wrote/edited any line of code of it… I don't know any of you in person but I appreciate your help and work.
Newbie of Cinnamon on Linux Mint 20.1
Ryk Groff

Post by Ryk Groff »

I'd like to thank so many people here that I'd run out of room listing them all. I'm a retired typesetter and computer geek who recently got interested in exploring OSes other than Windows and macOS. I tried a few flavors of Linux but was quite impressed with Linux Mint, so I installed it on a Mac mini I wasn't using anymore as well as an old HP notebook I rescued from a friend who was going to send it to recycling.

I'm learning a lot and having a lot of fun doing it, mostly because there are so many knowledgeable people here in the forums who can explain some of the more arcane areas of Linux to me--and help me solve most of my problems.

So thank you to all the Linux experts here! You make it look easy.
Lebond
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Lebond »

As a newbie I've found this forum a fantastic source of information, thank you to all who have contributed.
filip32702

Post by filip32702 »

Just wanted to leave a big Thank You to SMG here, as she (I hope that's right, read it somewhere) has tremendously helped me with a difficult driver problem I myself only made worse throughout trying to fix it. Glad to have people like you on this forum, helping people out! :D
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

filip32702 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:59 pm Just wanted to leave a big Thank You to SMG here
She's great, isn't she! :D

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

Oh, my! Thank you for the very kind words filip32702 and Moem.

I've learned so much on this forum from other members both in how they help others and in the knowledge they provide about specific topics. That's a big part of the reason I can help others.

A big thank you to all the people who have trusted me to help them and a very big thank you to the people from whom I've learned what info is needed to troubleshoot issues.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
PonStan
Level 1
Level 1

Post by PonStan »

I am new to the Linux community and I am shocked with the amount of people willing to help. Excellent stuff! :D
jlc
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jlc »

I too am a recent convert to Linux, and I agree that the friendly, constructive, collegiate atmosphere on this Forum, and the general willingness to help, are quite astonishing.
sh4rkbyt3
Level 1
Level 1

Post by sh4rkbyt3 »

Mint has been nothing short of a godsend for me to learn Linux. I have no problem asking a question and knowing that at least someone will try to help or assist me in some way. That's a far cry from some of the other distro's and communities that I attempted to learn years ago.

When you're having a hard enough time trying to learn something new to you the last thing you need is to be insulted. And IMO that's been the main problem of many Linux distros for years! I can take a verbal beating but when I'm attempting to be a part of something that people say they want more people to be involved in but then slam the door in your face when you can't figure out how to do something for lack of knowledge or ignorance, whatever you want to call it, you're not going to grow the field.

Thank you to the creators of Mint AND especially the community as a whole!
VioLIGHTa55
Level 1
Level 1

Post by VioLIGHTa55 »

YES, I am one who benefit too, from the help of all the volunteers, here in Linux Mint. Again, thank you very much, from everyone who does provide HELP as a volunteers. A Collective and Unified Force of the Cosmic Universe = The GREATEST OS Linux will developed here in the next generation. :) :) :) :) :) :)
Luke Johnson
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Luke Johnson »

Thanks to JoeFootball and spamegg.
VioLIGHTa55
Level 1
Level 1

Just pause, learning Linux Mint, and Thank you to those supporting others here!

Post by VioLIGHTa55 »

Sorry, I just came back here, right now, to say, thank you, very much :) :) :) :) :) :) :) again, for all Linux Mint volunteer, I know how to install Linux Mint version 19.2 64 bit. Unfortunately, almost 3 week ago, I just practicing in my other old laptop computer HP, how to navigate in Linux, connecting to the internet. Just my own opinion, Linux Mint version 19.2 64 bit, just like window 7 ultimate DESKTOP, then when some of my USB, damage because it is not compatible, just an experiment, as a student learning computer Linux, just navigating and experimenting how it work, compare to Window OS, then later on I will format again, and SUDDENLY, I do not know, what happened, it is old, laptop computer, and pop up, messages, that the FAN is broken, in HP screens, so I bring to the computer technicians who sold me, and I told him this is Linux, and I also told him, as I mention some of my previous post. Suprised...., suprised, the computer technician like it too. Right now, I pause to learn Linux Mint, because I have no laptop computer, to practice with, still I am using Window 7 ultimate OS, my other laptop computer. Always remember any smart phone, laptop and desktop computer, their is a BACK door, if you are a target, they can destroy or hack your laptop computer, this is my own experiences, 5 laptop computer, all been hack and destroy the motherboard. That is why, I learn Linux just preparing for what is coming, and wipe out all, Dark entity, control, of the internet and switch to QUANTUM internet. A heavenly, blessing to all of us. :) :) :) :) :) :)
Last edited by SMG on Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link to external website.
Chriske
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Chriske »

Not only thanks to the developers but also a big Thanks to all these supporting guys...!
unknown human
Level 1
Level 1

Post by unknown human »

Thank you to everyone who takes time out of their life to offer a hand here in whatever form it may be, whether it be meandering or succinct. Good stuff.

I don't know if I'll go through with a planned dual boot this time, things got too hectic for me before. I've been taught a great deal here which has made any plan at all possible.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

A big Welcome back for MrEen, the sound guy
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

all41 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:49 pm A big Welcome back for MrEen, the sound guy
+1 and with sympathy.
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

all41 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:49 pm A big Welcome back for MrEen, the sound guy
AndyMH wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:59 am +1 and with sympathy.
Thank you both! :D

I'm slowly getting back in the groove. It's amazing how much you can forget in a short time when stressed.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”