Thank you to those supporting others here!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sip
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Thank you to those supporting others here!

Post by sip »

Good afternoon.
I want to thank everyone who takes part in this forum and helps each other!,,!! Thanks everyone!! :) :)
Man is created for happiness, like a bird for flight, so do not put off until tomorrow what you can do today.
Rosko
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Rosko »

It has been a long time since I've asked directly for help in this forum for a couple of reasons;
a) I have learned to quit doing things to my OS that may, with my limited tech knowledge, break things! lol ... and
b) When I do break things (because I ignore 'a' sometimes lol) I have been able to find the solutions by searching here and/or on Google.
So thank you to everyone that helps here because even though we have never spoken, many of you have helped me indirectly :)
I would also like to thank AndyMH, the developer of Foxclone. https://www.foxclone.com/index.php
I used his software for the first time last week when I was upgrading to a larger SSD. It couldn't have made the job any simpler, I highly recommend it.
Agentl074
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Agentl074 »

For sure! Thank you to all of those who have also supported others! I think it would be a cool feature to have a 'like' post feature as well.
Indiana University Alumnus, CompTIA A+
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

We use phpbb software for this forum and it doesn't have a like feature.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
jharris1993
Level 3
Level 3

Post by jharris1993 »

I just found this comment regarding Linux Mint on another, unrelated, forum:
[The Mint forum's] reputation for graciousness and willingness to help has helped Mint become one of the most popular Linux distributions of all time.
Unfortunately, since it was in a non-public part of the forum, I cannot post a link. In any event, the quality of the distribution as well as the graciousness and helpfulness of the forums is being noticed. . . .

A big thumbs up!
:+1:
Jim "JR"

Some see things as they are, and ask "Why?"
I dream things that never were, and ask "Why Not".

Robert F. Kennedy

“Impossible” is only found in the dictionary of a fool.
Old Chinese Proverb
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

imho @SMG should be promoted to kernel
btw Thanks for your expertise in this area
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
Linux_cat
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Linux_cat »

Thank you all for your service, thanks to @MrEen, my audio popping issue got solved after disabling the audio driver power management.
whispers
Level 3
Level 3

THANKS

Post by whispers »

I have been helped many times over the years and would like to say THANKS to everyone who helped me .

THANK YOU ALL
LM 21.3 Cinnamon - Lenovo ideapad 320-15AST - AMD A6-9220 RADEON R4 DUAL CORE - STONEY RADEON GRAPHICS - KERNEL 6.5.0-14-generic - MEM 16GB .
MichaelB1953
Level 1
Level 1

Post by MichaelB1953 »

Thanks for providing & continuing support for those of us with older computers. :)
MtnMan75
Level 1
Level 1

Post by MtnMan75 »

I want to thank every developer and tech that is involved here. I haven't touched anything microsoft or apple for three years now. I see so many people still struggling with those platforms, and there is nothing they gain from it except money wasted, headaches, and privacy intruded. I've had a couple of ill timed power outages that screwed me over, but the beauty of Linux is I can reload my system in such a tiny fraction of the time either of the two alternatives would take it is laughable, and then I'm up and running again.

Sincerely... Thank you.
whispers
Level 3
Level 3

too many to name

Post by whispers »

Thank you to all those people who have made using LM a joy . my silly questions have all been answered with great kindness and I thank you all.
THANK YOU ALL
LM 21.3 Cinnamon - Lenovo ideapad 320-15AST - AMD A6-9220 RADEON R4 DUAL CORE - STONEY RADEON GRAPHICS - KERNEL 6.5.0-14-generic - MEM 16GB .
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

all41 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:52 am imho @SMG should be promoted to kernel
btw Thanks for your expertise in this area
I second that.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
milan777
Level 2
Level 2

Post by milan777 »

I would like to thank all the experts in the forum, specially Jeremy.
Mint 21.1 Xfce 4.16
CPU: Intel i3-5005U (4) @ 1.900GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 5500
RAM: 4GB
Red Squirrel
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Red Squirrel »

It's easy to only come on here when I need help with something, and I'm really guilty of that myself. I just wanted to say I've been using Mint for years now and sometimes I like try other distros just to try something different but as far as my daily driver goes I've always come back to Mint. I'd say a large magnitude of things just work out of the box, it's very polished and for any problems I run into, there is usually a solution and it's fixed.

So just wanted to extend my thanks to the devs that do all the coding and also everyone here that help others like me whenever we do have questions or run into issues.

You guys rock! 8)
busdriver12
Level 3
Level 3

Post by busdriver12 »

I'd like to thank Clem and the team for an excellent distro. It's the only one I've (seriously) used since I started in full time Linux in 2019 (just over 4 years now).
Also want to thank Pjotr for his Easy Linux Tips web site. So many valuable nuggets of useful information which I go back to from time to time and has been one of the main educational tools in my Linux journey.
Phil

Linux Mint 21.3
Cinnamon 6.0.4
jharris1993
Level 3
Level 3

Post by jharris1993 »

MtnMan75 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:43 pm I've had a couple of ill timed power outages that screwed me over, but the beauty of Linux is I can reload my system in such a tiny fraction of the time either of the two alternatives would take it is laughable, and then I'm up and running again.
UPS's are cheap insurance and an rsync of your home folder (making sure you preserve symlinks and have permission to copy everything) will give you the capability to restore things.

A cron job to back up your home folder to an external drive will also help.
Jim "JR"

Some see things as they are, and ask "Why?"
I dream things that never were, and ask "Why Not".

Robert F. Kennedy

“Impossible” is only found in the dictionary of a fool.
Old Chinese Proverb
MintyFresh2022
Level 1
Level 1

Post by MintyFresh2022 »

Great idea to do this. I want to thank the entire team for this great "it just works" distro that I always come back to. Thanks to all the guys on this forum as well for pointing me in the right direction. It is much appreciated.