Thank you to those supporting others here!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Thank you to those supporting others here!

Post by Fred Barclay »

Pierre tried to help me solve a problem in Windows 8.1!
I'd especially like to mention the friendliness of everyone on this forum, of which Pierre is just one example. If I'd posted for help with Windows on many other Linux forums, I'd have been ridiculed and mocked. Here, he was willing to help. Of course, this is not a Windows support forum. But it's nice to see fellow Linux users chip in to help each other with all sorts of odd problems.
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

I'd like to thank the admins and moderators of this site. Keeping a forum organized and free from spam/junk is a difficult and thankless job, and we as a community should applaud their efforts!
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

kc1di just helped me help someone on a stubborn UEFI installation. Thanks! :D
- Albert Einstein
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

Flemur and especialy Habitual just helped me join the Arch Linux forums. Thanks, guys!
- Albert Einstein
TopEnder
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you Fred Barclay

Post by TopEnder »

Fred with out your help I would be still trying to get past Partitioning. Thanks Smokey
poppymint

Post by poppymint »

Offering written thanks to those who help us is certainly a noble jesture and I do wish to thank the Mint team for their work. Perhaps, the best way to say thanks and, at the same time, offer a helping hand is to make contributions to the Mint effort either monitarily or in other ways.

In a moment of glee over being free of the OS monopolies I recently made a monitary contribution to the Mint effort because I don't want to see the Mint effort florish.
hulltommo

Post by hulltommo »

Thanks to Fred Barclay and Xenopeek. Made what was a difficult problem for me, sound very simple. I am forever in your debt. Saved me more hours of stress. Thank you very much,
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

Flemur designed an icon for me that I'm now using in every Python Tkinter GUI I write. Thanks!
- Albert Einstein
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

Jedinovice, RacerBG, and Pierre helped me get Windows 3.1 running in DOSBox, and Jedinovice is continuing to help via PM. Thanks a lot, guys!

Oh, and richyrich deserves honourable mention for saying it couldn't be done... ;)
- Albert Einstein
xinu
Level 3
Level 3

Post by xinu »

Nice.
Donate?
helloimustbegoing

Post by helloimustbegoing »

I want to thank WharfRat for helping me to get all my partitions to mount at startup.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=194568
mkg3103

Post by mkg3103 »

I am thankful to Mr Fred Barclay for his support in recovering my crashed laptop. And also for guiding me towards Programming languages.
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

RacerBG, ajcardia, killer de bug, Pierre, Night Wing, z31fanatic, and Derek_S all helped me with my troubles on Vista, and Derek_S was able to offer a solution.
Night Wing also went to a lot of trouble to help.
Thanks!
- Albert Einstein
brainout

Post by brainout »

xinu wrote:Nice.
Donate?
YES! However it's kinda disconcerting to see one's name in the donors list publicly. Is there a way around that? A contribution cannot be anonymous but can't the display of it be?
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

Monsta, karlchen, and Cosmo just helped me figure out gksudo. Thanks!
- Albert Einstein
_lu_

Post by _lu_ »

Buzzsaw, Xenopeek and WharfRat helped me sort my problems.
Especially when my problem wasn't straightforward (it might of been to him but it wasn't to me) WharfRat was patient and stuck with me till I fixed it.
At the time I really wished there was a "buy me coffee" type of donate button for each user.

How can we thank those who have helped us, so that they don't get fed up with helping :?:
MintBean

Post by MintBean »

A big shout to the crew in #linuxmint on the Hexchat IRC channel. These boys did a lot of work to help me overcome a a problem that caused my install to keep crashing.

'Laptop Dan' is the one name I remember. Many others helped, just can't remember the names.
benbadge72

Post by benbadge72 »

InkKnife wrote:That is really the core of the open source/FOSS/GNU/Linux culture. Everyone reaches down and helps out the guy coming up behind and then he helps the one behind him. I came here knowing very little, friends here taught me and now I can pass that on. That is what a community is about.
Hear, Hear!

I too echo this and offer thanks to the wisened veterans of Linux Mint, Debian, Ubuntu. Know at times it may seem difficult to feel as though you actually help, or users do appreciate the help. Know that a good number of us do appreciate it and know it does indeed help.

One person I really appreciate is from the Debian User Forums. Here is his profile there. http://forums.debian.net/memberlist.php ... f6f9641097 He has a few good threads over there on configuring a couple of the *box desktop environments, Fluxbox and Icebox that i can recall off hand. Not sure if Lou is over here or not. Do know his help was appreciated and not sure I genuinely gave him thanks directly. Thank you Lou. :)

I'm benbadge72 over there as well now, too. I was BenB yet seem to have misplaced myself a bit in doing a few different things. Darn pesky password slipped out of my rom buffer in my skull. At any given, I too try helping where I think I can. It's what buds do for buds and in here we're all the same bud, all equals.

Thank you InkKinfe for expressing this so well, too. :)
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

Habitual has really gone above and beyond these last few weeks. He started by helping me with some confusion on my firewall that then morphed into a small intrusion scare (my fault) and then back to firewall troubles. Through it all, he patiently guided me through a severe case of absent-mindedness... :lol:
Thanks!
- Albert Einstein
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

Fred Barclay wrote:Habitual has really gone above and beyond these last few weeks. He started by helping me with some confusion on my firewall that then morphed into a small intrusion scare (my fault) and then back to firewall troubles. Through it all, he patiently guided me through a severe case of absent-mindedness... :lol:
Thanks!
It's a 'we' thing. not a 'me' thing!

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”