Thank you to those supporting others here!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
teruble
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Thank you to those supporting others here!

Post by teruble »

I want to say Thanks to the people on your end for responding and helping a new guy out. They did a Great job and got me back on track very quickly. I learned some new things as well. Thanks again. :D
GordB

Post by GordB »

I would like to thank altair4 for persevering with me through my ignorance on samba. I now have what is for me two perfectly working laptops using 17.3 Cinnamon and I could not be more ecstatic. I am slowly migrating all my files from OneDrive at which time I will be completely free of Microsoft.

Thank you altair4 very much. :D
turtlebay

Post by turtlebay »

May I echo thanks to Clem and his team for providing us with a sane alternative to that mind boggling monstrosity that we call MS Windows. I try to help out my wife's friends with problems they have with their Windows systems and it's such a relief to come back to the sanity of Mint afterwards! I do also try to show them how much their lives would be simplified if they too would take the Linux plunge, but honestly, it's like talking to a brick wall with most of them! :cry:
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Post by jungle_boy »

turtlebay wrote:...but honestly, it's like talking to a brick wall with most of them! :cry:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Samsung Odyssey, Octa-core, i5 9300H, Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, SSD SAMSUNG NVMe 500GB
LM 21 Cinnamon
TooMuchTime

Post by TooMuchTime »

...it's like talking to a brick wall with most of them!
Just wait until that brick wall called Microsoft Windows Subscription Payments falls on them. Just make sure you're standing close by with a laptop that has Linux Mint on it to show them the light at the end of the tunnel.
Rosko
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Rosko »

Thank You MtnDewManiac (MDM)

About 3 weeks ago he/she helped me with a problem I had with Dropbox in Xfce.

I made some silly, rude remarks about the fix being a 'hassle' and how it's easier to just use other distros where dropbox worked. MDM could have left it at that or been rude right back but they weren't,
instead they said "Well... If you actually like Cinnamon, MATE, or a fork of KDE3 better than Xfce, then that makes sense."

The more I thought about that the more I knew I really, really liked Xfce better and I kept at it ..... Xfce now my DE of choice.

Thank you for your encouraging words MDM
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

Thanks to slipstick, WarfRat, and blockhead47 I was able to pull a certain bit of data out of a string of text. viewtopic.php?f=213&t=228336
Thanks, mates!
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

May I echo thanks to Clem and his team for providing us with a sane alternative to that mind boggling monstrosity that we call MS Windows
+1
Gratitude is often felt but less often spoken.
I appreciate each member of this forum that voluntarily helps others.
I deeply appreciate Clem as our Mint founder, the devs, as well as the entire team of contributors
who, by their expertise and commitment, have released me from prison.
I appreciate the forum admins & mods.
Appreciation even goes to Fred for starting this discussion.
There is so much here for which we should be thankful.
That's how I feel about it.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
D-man

Post by D-man »

Thanks to Cosmo and Fred Barclay for clarifying the details of the update on Linux Mint system base: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=228927&p=1210496#p1210496
Pat D

Post by Pat D »

Yes, THANK YOU ALL. Over and over again. Without you, no one would be able to deal with learning how to use Linux. I started looking at Linux in the early 90's, the Slackware days, and had so much trouble with hardware I backed away. Then I made several other attempts, but was always discouraged by the attitudes of what I have come to call "Leet Haxors".
But at last, here on the Mint forums, I've found people who actually want to help.
It's wonderful!!!!! :D :D :D
D-man

Post by D-man »

Thanks to Fred Barclay and deepakdeshp for the attention and suggestions regarding a kernel panic issue mentioned here: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=231992
pcfan5
Level 5
Level 5

Post by pcfan5 »

Thanks to Fred, Kind and simple. Helped me with "onedrive" sync (altough i change for megasync) , and now is helping me with NEMO, hopefuly there are guys like this who tries to get things fixed before saying "install again". 8)
Amii_Leigh
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Amii_Leigh »

I'd like to add a very sincere "Thank You" to Cosmo for the help with upgrading kernels. Though it makes me nervous doing anything so serious to my computer, your assurance that all would be okay encouraged me to carry it forth. I'm now using the 4.4.0-45-generic x86_64 kernel with apparently no issues.

Namaste
नमस्ते = Namaste
I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells.
I honor the place in you in which is of love, of truth, of light, and of peace.
When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are one.
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

Props to "Cosmo-with-a-period" :!:
br1anstorm
Level 5
Level 5

Post by br1anstorm »

I'm constantly amazed and impressed by the amount of time, effort and care that community members devote to helping others on the forum. Fred Barclay's original post urging us to recognise and thank those who have helped us is a thoughtful, if modest, way of showing our appreciation.

I have already posted in this thread about the useful advice I got from austin.texas and others about dual/multi booting different Linux distros.

This time I want to thank JeremyB and hrmcrm (Howard) for helping with - and indeed solving - a problem I had with making Bluetooth work on my Linux Mint 17.3 XFCE system (the thread is in the Hardware Support forum). Their advice was well-focused and their knowledge impressive. I'm grateful to them both.
catweazle352

Post by catweazle352 »

"Thank you" to deepakdeshp and DeMus who helped me out with some newbie questions.

Christof
mintage

Thanks for Serena 18.1 MATE install help

Post by mintage »

Thanks to phil995511 for the

Code: Select all

init 0 
turn-off-your-mint-MATE-device smackdown that fixed the turn-off-everything-but-the-FAN: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=236606

Thanks to fabien85 for sorting out UEFI boot order issue that made GRUB available without having to go through Boot Options every startup. Made me look at a place I already looked (overlooked submenu in BIOS) - and would have probably never found it otherwise. Constant PITA, gone. By the way, the topic was about how disabling Secure Boot did not seem to be necessary and was just going on about how happy I was with being able to use LinuxMint-MATE, even though there was confusion regarding boot up. Answer was prompted by fabien85 initiative only so I changed the topic to mention GRUB.
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=236572

JeremyB helped with wi-fi without reloading drivers and programming this and that like I expected; providing a totally unexpected sniper shot precision to a problem that could have gone anywhere. AND following up to make sure it stays that way - 8) viewtopic.php?f=150&t=227392&start=20
DeMus

Post by DeMus »

Somebody who really should be thanked here is the person who, almost on a daily basis, helps people with problems concerning network shares, samba and what not: altair4. He wrote tutorials about the subject, helps people here explaining the subject over and over.

So altair4, Thank you so very much.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Thanks for Serena 18.1 MATE install help

Post by jimallyn »

mintage wrote:Where did the Agreement in EULA go?
Out the Window(s).
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
mintage

Post by mintage »

jimaliyn: Exactly. Good one!

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”