Change Forum Password or account deletion questions

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
programming-master

Change Forum Password or account deletion questions

Post by programming-master »

How does one change their forum password themselves? I have access to my account, but I want to set my own password, and I have searched around the site for a while looking for a place to change it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Change Forum Password

Post by Pierre »

it seems to be on the right, under your username,
& within your User Control Panel
- then look under 'profile'.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
Georgia boy
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Georgia boy »

Had no issue changing but now seems like I'm getting those screens that you have to copy before being allowed to log in. I'll only log in once and will be told that I've made too many attempts and need to do so. Anyone else having that issue besides me?
Linux Mint, Mageia
Leveno IDea Centre

ASUS A53SD-TS72 Intel Cor i7-2670QM 2.20GHz, 8GB DDR3, 750GB HDD, 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 610M, Mint LMDE2 64 bit.
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Schultz »

Georgia boy wrote:
Anyone else having that issue besides me?
I did, but it went away soon enough. (I created a new account.)
ralplpcr
Level 6
Level 6

Post by ralplpcr »

Georgia boy wrote:Had no issue changing but now seems like I'm getting those screens that you have to copy before being allowed to log in. I'll only log in once and will be told that I've made too many attempts and need to do so. Anyone else having that issue besides me?
Yes, I've had the exact same issue. I logged in yesterday & changed my password, but when trying to log in today I got the "You have made too many attempts and now must also solve this Captcha". This was after only one attempt, and the password was correct. Ended up having to use the "forgot my password" link to reactivate & get a new password... which also gave me the same error. It let me in after solving the 2nd Captcha, but no idea if it'll allow me in the next time.
Georgia boy
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Georgia boy »

ralplpcr wrote:
Georgia boy wrote:Had no issue changing but now seems like I'm getting those screens that you have to copy before being allowed to log in. I'll only log in once and will be told that I've made too many attempts and need to do so. Anyone else having that issue besides me?
Yes, I've had the exact same issue. I logged in yesterday & changed my password, but when trying to log in today I got the "You have made too many attempts and now must also solve this Captcha". This was after only one attempt, and the password was correct. Ended up having to use the "forgot my password" link to reactivate & get a new password... which also gave me the same error. It let me in after solving the 2nd Captcha, but no idea if it'll allow me in the next time.
Seems we're not only ones on this. Saw another thread about it after posting in this one.
Linux Mint, Mageia
Leveno IDea Centre

ASUS A53SD-TS72 Intel Cor i7-2670QM 2.20GHz, 8GB DDR3, 750GB HDD, 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 610M, Mint LMDE2 64 bit.
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Schultz »

After logging out, then back in, it has reappeared. Hope it gets fixed soon. I know everyone is busy behind the scenes.
Georgia boy
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Georgia boy »

Schultz wrote:After logging out, then back in, it has reappeared. Hope it gets fixed soon. I know everyone is busy behind the scenes.
Tonight worked fine. Will see how it continues.
Linux Mint, Mageia
Leveno IDea Centre

Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

that issue should now be fixed - maybe?

it's all fine on this PC - now get in on the first attempt,
& have been able to since late yesterday.
:)
although, there still seems to be a few, who say that they still can't get in, straight away.
:?
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
Lolo Uila
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Lolo Uila »

Did you check your email and reactivate your account?

When I changed my password I received an email that said I had to reactivate my account by clicking on a link.

Not sure if that has anything to do with the problems you all are having, but it hasn't happened to me at all.
Everyone thinks I'm crazy (except my friends deep inside the earth).
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

Pierre wrote:although, there still seems to be a few, who say that they still can't get in, straight away.
Count me to them. Logged in half an hour ago - with captcha.

Post by 1.618 »

I had that the first time i tried to log in to this new board, i assumed it was something the mods had put in place to force us to change our passwords, or someone had been trying to access my account, thankfully my password happened to be a 'reactivation' temporary password because I forgot my original and sent for an email to reset it, so all the hackers will have is a default password, no clue as to how i really create my passwords, which are all different for different sites. :)
grizzler

Post by grizzler »

Cosmo. wrote:
Pierre wrote:although, there still seems to be a few, who say that they still can't get in, straight away.
Count me to them. Logged in half an hour ago - with captcha.
Same here.

Were we indeed supposed to receive an activation mail after entering the new password at the first login? I didn't get one.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

I got one, but that might be, because I also changed the e-mail address on the same step.
grizzler

Post by grizzler »

Right. I didn't. The e-mail account I use for this forum has a totally different password anyway (I never reuse passwords...).
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

grizzler wrote: Were we indeed supposed to receive an activation mail after entering the new password at the first login? I didn't get one.
Activation emails are only sent if you change the email address. No worries. :wink:
killer de bug

Post by killer de bug »

1.618 wrote:so all the hackers will have is a default password, no clue as to how i really create my passwords, which are all different for different sites. :)
Have you been able to change your password now?
adm
Level 1
Level 1

Post by adm »

I clicked on the forgot password option and got sent a new password to use. Is it wiser to create a new password or is the one sent to me acceptable and secure?
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

Always create your own password. In any forum, on any software (if it should have a pre-defined password) and on any hardware (especially router).
PeterRJG
Level 2
Level 2

Post by PeterRJG »

I'm glad I changed mine as I hadn't altered since I signed up here originally and it was something simple and silly.

To the mods, maybe add a global announcement with a link to the profile page. It's not immediately noticeable in the forum header (and it's not clickable).

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”