Updates to Linux Mint (Cinnamon) (SOLVED)

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Tikiman

Updates to Linux Mint (Cinnamon) (SOLVED)

Post by Tikiman »

I have been using the 64 bit Distro for Linux Mint and started originally with V16 which has upgraded itself to V17 on an old Dell previously running Windows XP. On the old machine I removed the HDD and replaced with a completely new one so that there would not be any corruption.
My query here is quite simple in that as I upgrade to the latest recommendations whenever they are available I have noticed that they are all for Ubuntu and the only update I get to Linux Mint is to Firefox. Is this normal or should I be getting Linux Mint updates and not ubuntu?.
Nothing is wrong with the system as it carries out all the tasks for which I use it but this is just a slight nuisance to me as I am not competent enough with Linux to know all that much about it.
Many thanks for any info
Tikiman
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Updates to Linux Mint (Cinnamon)

Post by Cosmo. »

Ubuntu is the base of Mint, the far majority of all packages come from Ubuntu, following this also the updates. What you see is as expected.
Tikiman

Post by Tikiman »

Report this post

read post by Cosmo. » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:18 pm
Ubuntu is the base of Mint, the far majority of all packages come from Ubuntu, following this also the updates. What you see is as expected.

Many thanks Cosmo your explanation resolves my query so I have marked the post Solved.
Tikiman

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”