Linux Mint Index

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Jesse654
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Linux Mint Index

Post by Jesse654 » Wed May 17, 2017 4:02 am

Theme menu now activated by mouse click rather than hover.

Jesse654
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Jesse654 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:19 am

LMI site live for 1 year (working on it for 1.25 years).

Jesse654
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Jesse654 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:29 am

4 dozen new tips & tricks were added. There are now more than 150 tips & tricks. Check ’em out! :)

Jesse654
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Jesse654 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:18 pm

From LM 18.2 MATE Beta main blog post:
DaveW says:
June 7th, 2017 at 12:37 pm

@7 Linux Mint Index and @17 bigsky
If anyone wants to read that website, click the Theme button and select either a white or light gray background.

Actually, the site can be fairly useful.
Thanks, DaveW, for your kind words.

MintBean
Level 9
Level 9

Post by MintBean » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:37 pm

Initially I had my doubts as to whether your site was worthwhile, but I must say it's becoming increasingly useful. Good work!

Jesse654
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Jesse654 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:40 pm

For those new to my LMI website, please be aware that there are more than a dozen themes from which to choose. It takes about 2 seconds to choose a theme by clicking in the upper, right corner of any page of the website. That creates a very small cookie to remember the theme. (The cookie--and this is the only cookie that my site creates--serves no other purpose. There is no tracking whatsoever involved.) If you maintain this cookie (i.e., you don't delete cookies on a regular basis), then this 2 seconds is a one-time affair. If you delete the cookie, another 2 seconds is required to select your theme again. (I won't change the default theme again. I've done that already a couple times, and, since I work on the site almost daily, it would cause way more trouble for me than a one-time, 2 second theme choice.)

To reiterate some what is on the Theme page of the site, here are some Additional Viewing Tips:
https://www.earthneptune.com/about/themes.html

You can override colors (such as text, background, unvisited links, visited links) for any website via your browser. On Firefox, see:
Edit | Preferences | Content | Colors

Please realize that different eyes see things in different ways and that different browsers and monitors show colors in different ways.

If you still have trouble seeing this or any other website or application, try the following:
  • Use Ctrl-= to increase the size of text on a web page. (Ctrl-- is used to decrease text size on a web page.)
  • Set your monitor’s Contrast to 75% or more.
  • Set your monitor’s Brightness to 50% or more.
  • Lower the ambient light level.
  • Use your operating system’s Font and/or Accessibility settings to change the size and/or type of font.
  • Rest your eyes for a couple minutes every hour that you look at a monitor.
  • Exercise your eyes by alternating focusing on a distant object, then focusing on a close object.
Thank you for checking out the Linux Mint Index.

Jesse654
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Jesse654 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:42 pm

MintBean wrote:Initially I had my doubts as to whether your site was worthwhile, but I must say it's becoming increasingly useful. Good work!
Thanks. That is appreciated. I use the info there all the time, but I think I am focused on Mint a bit more than the average person. I am glad others find some benefit in LMI. I try to keep it as up-to-date as possible.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”