mdm switch user

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
reference2myself
Level 2
Level 2

mdm switch user

Post by reference2myself »

Hi, I wasn't really sure where to post this so I just picked here, hopefully someone with some knowledge sees it. I'm using MDM on Arch Linux with Cinnamon and i can't for the life of me figure out how to get the lock screen to show the "switch user" button. It works fine with any other display manager, just not MDM. Without that button the only way I can switch users is to unlock my screen first, so other people who use my computer can't just switch to their user without my assistance or my password. in dconf-editor I have the option set to true for user-switch-enabled under cinnamon screensaver, and i put a symlink for gdmflexiserver to point to mdmflexiser in case it was looking for that for some reason and that didn't do anyting. I can't figure it out. Could anyone help?

Cosmo.
Level 23
Level 23

Re: mdm switch user

Post by Cosmo. »

There is - at least in Mint - on the password dialog for unlocking the screen another button for switching the user, which can be used without the need of the password of the currently logged in user.

reference2myself
Level 2
Level 2

Re: mdm switch user

Post by reference2myself »

Cosmo. wrote:There is - at least in Mint - on the password dialog for unlocking the screen another button for switching the user, which can be used without the need of the password of the currently logged in user.
Ya I know, I'm trying to get that button to show up on Arch Linux. I can only get it to work with a different display manager, using MDM I can't get that button to show up. I didn't know where else to ask about mdm than on the mint forums since it's made by the mint developers.

Hitting the button to switch users with mdm as the display manager pretty much just launches /usr/bin/mdmflexiserver and as far as I can tell so long as that's installed then the button should appear on the lock screen login box, it works with every other display manager for me so I'm wondering what is it looking for that it sees in the other display managers that it isn't seeing with mdm....

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”